Wyze AI Still Not Learning

You are not alone with your problems w\ the WCPv1.

I was working w\ Wyze in the DM to find the cause to some CP\CPL recording issues when my tests revealed that the cam is also not activating on motion as it should or tagging AI as it should. Same as you have reported.

The issues were never resolved. And I tried every remedy you did and then some. I am going to delete and reinstall when I get time, then flash back the FW to see if that fixes it.

Here is the original thread:

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. Appalling. I am glad you still have the patience to work with Wyze to resolve this, but I am afraid I do not. My CamPlus subscription was going to renew next month, but I am canceling it since CamPlus Lite does a much better job for less money.

1 Like

Sorry it isn’t working out for you. I only have the one pan, the rest of my many are V3 and one VDBv1. All of the V3 are working as expected and have been improving. I have the CP unlimited license, so one cam acting up until they fix it is inconvenient, but not the end of the world. The pan is indoors and very low use also as an intruder alert cam only when I am away. Will post back when the status changes

1 Like

Same. One Pan v1, one VDB v1, one GDC, and four Cam v3. I’m not inclined to pay for Unlimited when the one I do pay for does not work. Since CP Lite works well enough on the other cams, I may as well stick with that. Cheers!

2 Likes

Don’t need more categories that won’t work!

@skst, I have posted this issue with the WCPv1 short recordings even though it is assigned to CamPlus to this month’s Fix-it Friday thread.

If you are still experiencing this issue, feel free to follow the link, like the post with a heart coin, and add your experience in a reply post (if you are so inclined).

1 Like

One of the labels is for insects, yet none of my camera’s has ever labeled them, yet they get recorded. What’s the point of having the label for insects if it never labels them?

Today I had 30 recorded events that were all due to insects, yet none were labeled as insects. I’ve been submitting to Wyze for a year now to what was recorded but the AI still isn’t learning.

It’s disappointing to hear that Wyze AI is still not learning as expected. Continuous improvement and learning are vital for any AI system to deliver optimal results. Hopefully, the team behind Wyze AI is actively working on addressing this issue. In the meantime, it’s crucial to provide feedback and stay updated on any developments. Let’s hope for a positive turnaround and enhanced learning capabilities soon.

Honestly, I have no confidence that Wyze will fix the AI, considering it’s been several years and it’s still not fixed. Again today my V3 camera was motion triggered by a person walking their dog, but the recording was labeled as a vehicle because a truck was parked in the street. And then when the truck left, the camera didn’t record it leaving even though the entire truck was within my motion grid. This is so ridiculous! The team at Wyze that is working on the AI has no idea what they are doing!

Exactly! What’s the purpose of all the other ones? I send what in the video faithfully. I’ve never seen anything label insect, waving tree etc.

1 Like

There are currently no labels (tags) on event videos for the others yet. By submitting your tagged events for these others, you are helping build the AI model for possible future implementation.

3 Likes

Additionally, if you have a video originally tagged Person, but it was actually a spider, changing the tag from Person to Insect allows the AI Model to be retrained so that insects aren’t identified as Person in the future.

2 Likes

I still get person cs spider after many corrections submitted.

1 Like

Me too. But I am hopeful that someday it will recognize a spider for what it is. A PIA. Cleaning webs from cams is tiresome. Waiting for the automated laser zapper to come out.

2 Likes

I submit lots of Tagged videos to Wyze to do my part to help the Wyze community. Here is a video i submitted Tagged as Vehicle and Insect. Yes my neighbor is in front of the red pickup, but normally Wyze AI will only tag him as Person if he is in the street with my Detection Setting at 90.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried one of those sound pest repellent devices? I wonder if they would work with bugs if I put one right next to the camera. Not sure how it would affect the sound recording though.

1 Like

Person spider web :rofl:

1 Like

I tried those as well as the rodent repellers in the past and they never worked for me.

1 Like

Thanks! When I find a solution that works I’ll let everyone know. Bug sprays can only last so long with rain and all.

2 Likes