Wyze AI events not working

@Aardvark, I saw your other post mentioning this and I am intrigued. I am going to test my cams with detection zones today. I have not updated firmware on my V3 for the specific reason that Wyze introduces more bugs in new firmware than it fixed

On what Firmware version did you experience this bug? Thx!

@munkiinut, thanks for the testing routine. Great info. I am doing the same today!

Same question as above, what FW version?

@waldo15, I am going to test mine today. Want to make sure I stay away from that FW version. What FW version are your cams on?

My v3 cams have the 4.36.9.131 firmware. If I had to guess, I would say this issue began around the time I updated my cams.

When new fw is released (I’m also on the beta channel) I normally update only one cam and test it for a while (knowing how Wyze’s firmware updates usually go). It seemed to be ok, so I updated the rest of my cams. The “test” cam didn’t have a detection zone set, so I didn’t discover the issue until later.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:! Thx!

I cannot remember the FW version I had before but it was the one prior to the latest version. And I do see correlation between the cameras working as normal (prior version) and then one camera having issues (new version)

1 Like

I’m on 4.36.9.131 now. The problem started on 4.36.8.32 and I updated hoping it would fix it.

I had tested the cam plus and cam plus lite on the 4.36.8.32 and with my detection zone set correctly and only motion event notification for the free person AI events Camplus Lite work correctly.

I couldn’t understand why just changing the subscription over to paid plus would cause the problem.

2 Likes

Just trying to determine if the bug is in the FW, the app, or the cloud. Narrowing the scope.

It’s a combination of factors. When I noticed my camera was not detecting AI events, I enabled the motion detection on another camera I have and that one was working fine with all detection happening at all times.

I reached out to customer support and sent logs with a video sample of the camera not detecting a person but only motion and they told me there was nothing they could do to fix it.

1 Like

Thanks. Extensive testing on mine today. Not updating if working.

BTW, there is nothing CS can fix. Just the sheep you have to wade through to get to the Shepard. More like human speed bumps.

So here are the results of my testing on 10 V3 cams:

All cams are on OLD FW 4.36.8.32, CamPlus with Event Recording to All Motion and Smart AI Recording to Person Detection (along with various others depending on the cam). Notifications are set to AI Events Only.

4 cams with NO detection zone - all recorded Person Detection Cloud Events

Cams with Detection Zones (letters = cam name):

• BCC - over 1/2 blocked by DZ - recorded PD Events
  • BDC - 1/2 blocked by DZ - Recorded PD Events
  • GFC - very small blocked by DZ - Recorded PD Events
  • GBC - very small blocked by DZ - Recorded PD Events
  • SYC - less than 1/2 blocked by DZ - Recorded PD Events
  • FPC - Less than 1/2 blocked by DZ - Recorded PD Events

It looks like my detection zones are not affecting my CamPlus AI Detections and recordings.

However, the Notifications for these events is absolutely disgusting! Because the majority of these events was 30s to 5min, the Notifications were never sent. This has been reported in the past and Wyze has acknowledged the issue.

If you have All Motion notifications OFF, and AI Notifications ON, if the AI Bot takes longer than 6 seconds to successfully tag your AI, you get NO notification. The event will record to the cloud and get tagged, you just wont know it unless you are hovering in the Events Tab.

1 Like

Same issue here. All was well until a few days ago… possibly after a firmware upgrade??? Super disappointed not only in the performance of these cameras / app but also in the fact that there seems to be no outpouring from the support team when there are obviously many of us with the same issue.

Welcome to the user community @sheribeary40!

This is a user to user community, very little interaction with Wyze staff but for some dedicated Digital Media Team members. There are special user members, Moderators and Mavens, who seem to be everywhere all at once who do have an inside track to escalate critical issues. Also, there is a once a month thread called Fix-it Friday due to come out very soon for May. That is where users report these problems directly to Wyze for prioritization and fixes.

Do you have detection zones set? Have you tried shutting them off? Have you verified an update didn’t revert your settings or change them. When this happens to me, I usually toggle all my settings on each cam to test it.

Hello everyone! Fix it Friday is here for May! Time to address Wyze directly with app bugs (like this one).

Click thru, post, and vote (like hearts).

Fix all notification for Cam Plus (ie person, pet, vehicle). It just shows motion & no notifications!

In order to report this to Wyze, you have to click the linked post above and then post details about the bug there.

I finally have my events defining people, pets, vehicles etc. But now I’m not getting notifications at all on my phone!!

How did you get it to work?

| sheribeary40
May 7 |

• | - |

I finally have my events defining people, pets, vehicles etc. But now I’m not getting notifications at all on my phone!!

OP here. Here is what I did to fix it and it has been running as expected since:

• Disable Zone detection on the camera

• Power cycle the camera

• Remove Cam plus from the camera and add it back

I could not tell if any single item above could work, but the combination of all 3 has made it work without a hitch since I applied them.

1 Like

Honestly, it I don’t believe it was anything I did. One day I wasn’t getting notifications from Wyze at all. So I opened the app and went to my events to find that the events were still in fact recording, and they were finally listing why the event was recording (people, person, pet etc). But, like I said in my post, now my phone isn’t alerting me at all to any event, but still are recording events. :tired_face: