Wyze AC/Heat Pump IR Controller

I have been eyeing “Sensibo” - the AC smart controller. I feel like it’s too expensive though ($100 ea). I wish Wyze makes something similar.

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to be more inclusive and to enhance search clarity.

Voted. Never heard of this product before. This is one of the few genuinely good fit ideas for Wyze. It gets them into the environment business they want without burning down homes. It sounds ridiculously easy to do - this is just a smart WiFi receiver with an IR blaster. The parts can’t cost more than $20 tops. Plenty of room to compete. The only remotely (hah) hard part is tracking new air conditioner remote control models and codes. Good idea.

1 Like

@kester91405 And there you have it! Well, a wired one anyway. . .

Nah. That’s nothing like this wishlist item. Isn’t that new Wyze product a Nest thermostat competitor for traditional low voltage HVAC wiring?

This wishlist item involves IR control of mostly-dumb air conditioners and similar equipment through emulation of their remote controls.

Agreed, it just needs a learning IR transmittter module.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze community @kester91405 (sorry for the late welcome)
This is a great idea!:+1: don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item by clicking the “vote” button.

1 Like

Plenty of inexpensive WiFi-to-IR controllers exist. The biggest problems seems to be with their remote code database. I’ve had two different types (Broadlink and the one built into my Switchbot hub), and neither had codes for even my brand of Window AC units (one Frigidaire, one GE), much less the specific model. The database the inexpensive ones ship with appears to be oriented toward AC units sold in China (or at least in Asia).

1 Like

Code databases make things worlds easier but learning remotes are dirt cheap and have been around forever. Should be doable?

1 Like

Thermostat control IR air conditioners

I have a mini-split system that uses IR controls instead of wired controls (as most all mini-splits do). I can control each room separately with this system, but I would love to be able to have the remote capability of the Wyze thermostat, and especially if I can tie it in with other integrations (Alexa, Google, SmartHome, Home Assistant).

1 Like

I have had a gadget to control ceiling fans in the house in my private Amazon wishlist for a while. It says it can control up to 30 (ceiling) fans over 2,500 square feet. Alexa and Home certified. $99

BOND | Add Wifi to Ceiling Fan, Fireplace or Somfy shades | Works with App, Alexa, Google Home |

But I did another search this morning thinking of adding fan control capability to this Wishlist and found an IR blaster that controls both fans, ACs and more. For only $29.

BroadLink RM4mini Smart Remote Hub with Sensor Cable -WiFi IR Blaster for TV Remote, Smart AC Controller, Works with Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT - -

If Wyze considers an AC controller they should develop one with multiple capabilities consolidating these.

Your second link doesn’t work for me but I’ve been looking at the RM4 Pro ($45) as a possible “investment” to control smart blinds and other doodads.

Looks like a critical omission in your Mini version is that it does not support RF remotes.

Trying the Mini link again. Amazon.com.

And the Pro version that adds RF … http://ow.ly/mau230s1rAk

1 Like

Okay those work. Not sure why you use the URL shortener but whatever.

For some reason this Amazon listing for the Pro is $5 cheaper and I can’t tell the difference at first or second glance.

https://www.amazon.com/BroadLink-Universal-Learning-Entertainment-Compatible/dp/B083LBMX64/

IR Thermostat for split units

I see that Wyze do wired thermostats for central air systems. Can you provide thermostats / controls for split system units? For an example, look at what Sensibo does.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for “Slave thermostats or control relays for mini-split cooling”. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

Device to control Individual Room AC units

In the same line as the Thermostat, a device which would allow control of individual AC units. Some homes/apartments have individual AC/heating units installed in particular rooms (instead of central air). The ability to control each unit independently (with some of the same features of the thermostat) would be great.

There are other products on the market which do this (e.g. Sensibo Sky, Tado Smart SC Control), however I’m sure that Wyze can make it better and more cost effective.

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

Welcome to the forums! You can vote on your own wishlist item if ya want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew this sounded familiar.

Wyze AC/Heatpump APP Control (For Remote only models)

Looking for a Wyze product that could control the AC/Heat pump units that do not have wifi and work by remote control only. Similar products are available however it would be nice to have it all under the same Wyze APP. (Sensibo)