Wyze 47 Watch Issue

I have now worn the watch for 2 days and have found it irritating to have to press a button to see the time. The “raise your wrist” feature to turn the screen on doesn’t work 90% of the time. Without this feature being reliable I’ll put this watch in a box with my other useless smart watches. I guess the old adage of “you get what you pay for” is true with Wyze products also. I was hoping it would meet all the Wyze hype.

4 Likes

Mine was a brick out of the box. Going to see if I can get a refund, I’d contact support if I were you too see what they can do.

@Lakeranger I think it might be a sensitivity issue with the gyroscope. I’ve used Android watches in the past and became accustomed to “flicking my wrist” when raising it to see the time. This tends to work 9 out of 10 times for me. Also, holding my wrist in the raised position for a moment helps as well.

I truly believe most of the issues can be addressed with software updates.

1 Like

Mine is working about 90% of the time

1 Like

Mine works fine.

I’ve had mine for a few days and it seem to be working fine. Sometimes I’ll flick my wrist twice but for the most part it seems to be working ok. I had another smart watch ( payed too much for that one) and it did work with my wrist but there were so many other issues with that watch I gave up on it. The Wyze 47 works much better. I tried it to see how many times it failed to turn on. It seems to be about the 90% (as others). I did notice if the watch was not tight it had an effect on the watch going on. Not sure if that helps you. All the best out there.

Yeah I have similar issues with it. I feel switching between pages is a little glitchy. Also the vibrating when getting messages are very low. Is there a way to increase the vibration? Can you also fix the notification for some apps such as Snapchat as I as the consumer cannot tell where the notification is from.

Have just had mine for a day, but the time comes on easily and the page transition works fine. Wish I could get the notifications. Have tried everything I could find on the forums. I did delete and re-install the watch and did get one notification for one email and then it stopped. Never did get notifications for text.
What phone (platform) are you using? Mine is android, S8+

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with tracking your sleep? My Wyze Watch keeps saying, “no sleep data”.

2 Likes

Hey Bob did you try uninstalling the app and re-installing? I was having same problem. After the reinstall be sure to reboot watch also I removed the wyze band that I don’t use anymore, seemed to fix all the problems. Just a suggestion

Bob,
I had the same problem and found the clue on Reddit…but can’t find it again. I have Note9.
Go to Settings → Apps then click on the 3 dots in upper right and select Special Access.
Click on Notification Access
Enable the Wyze app.
Once I did that all my notifications started working.

Only complaint I really have is that when they come up on the screen of the watch, most say “Other” because that’s where the app notification is in the Wyze notification setting. I wish they would list the app, not the section.

1 Like

My sleep tracking function wasn’t working as well. I’m now the proud owner of a wristband until Wyze support contacts me about a non pairing issue that it’s got going on now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have had my watch a week and find it necessary to use the button 'bout 25%; 100% failure when my right hand is full; ThisJustin suggestion of holding the wrist still after seems to be working much better; I also suspect this can be calibrated/fixed adjusted by settings on software update.

However, I have spent a couple hours looking on the device, app, wyze.com for a sensitivity adjustment; Display time on; Battery charge display; mixed in with several google searches … no Joy;

I would like the display to stay on longer - I’ll give up 5 days of my 9 my battery life to have the screen stay on at least 35 to 40 seconds; Adjustable in settings would be best.

Of course you would need a battery display on the watch instead of the App;

A user manual on the web site is usually a minimum even for early access/alpha/beta/ testers…
I did find the quick start online (since I discarded the paper version)- since it is online maybe it could be extended.
Is there some special corner of the wyzecam/forum for Watch 47 early access users to report problems¿ requests for enhancements¿ - most of the comments could/would be mitigated if Acknowledged by Wyze support.
Regards,
nonAltoCG

I have a Note 10 and I had to allow the Wyze app permissions to notifications. This was done by going to:
Settings → Apps → Clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner and selecting Special Access → Notification Access → toggle the slider next to Wyze app to on.
Once I did this I got all notifications I wanted. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my watch 47. It recorded my sleep the first night I had it but it has not done it since. I don’t wear the watch during the day. I put it on at night, open the app and check the watch connection to the app, but no sleep data the next morning. I’d love to see this working.

Thanks. This worked on my Samsung S20

I’d like to just get mine so I can gripe.

So far so good but…
I would like some multitasking: I set up a stop watch and it has to stay on the screen?

Stat collection? Where is this stored? Does Wyze have access to this? I’d like to turn this on and off as I please and NOT collected when I don’t want it stored…

Ironically, I get notifications EXCEPT for my wyze cam… am I missing something… of all notifications, I minimally wanted these…

very good battery life so far!

I can’t wait for software updates…

I had the same problem, then I went into the settings and looked around and noticed it was set for just a few hours. So I played with the settings and set it to turn on at raise almost 24 hours, then I noticed when I was in bed it was very bright on each movement I made LOL so now I have it set to go on in the early am till about 11:59pm and it has been working just fine. It is not as good as my Fit Bit but I also paid $139.99 for it, I paid just $19.99 for this so I think so far it is great for the price. A little learning to do on my part but I will get there.

Weather updating. Is there or could we have a way to set update intervals? Also, where is the watch getting it’s weather info from? The temp reported on the watch is different from the temp reported on my phone by 5°. Both are reporting the same location.

Next, apps. When will we get more, and cam you allow us to sort them?

Thanks.

1 Like