I’ve read through several of the posts about Wyse Cams and other type of cameras that can detect motion but won’t record.
These are the things I’ve checked:
- Globally on an account basis by making sure the BELL icon on the top right of the home screen doesn’t have a line thru it (or by using the switch in Account Tab > Notifications). This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.
- Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Event Recording > Detects motion. Also, the schedule set at the top will override this setting, as will any scheduled shortcuts (this setting must be on for Person Detection to occur.)
- Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Notifications > Send Notifications. This can be controlled by the camera owner AND shared user, and will affect both. Also, you need to select which events you want to be notified about. Person, motion, or sound.
- Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Detection Settings > Sensitivity, & Detection Zone (for Person Detection to occur, a person must enter the zone). If the zone is off, the whole frame will be evaluated for motion.
- In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.) iOS Example: Phone Settings > Notifications > Wyze and Phone Settings > Do Not Disturb (and its schedule).
Recycled the camera.
Manually tested recording, it works
Manually tested recording to SD card, it works
Checked the firmware version, its up to date.
I do recall a few weeks ago it would record automatically, but not anymore.
Still digging around for answers…