WVOD camera Error Code 05

All this year about half the time I get Error Code 05. I can not view the video/picture about 1/3 of time, maybe more. I called several times about this problem. Today, again, she wants me to reset to factory defaults. I’ve already done this before. Also I think I have the Version V2 but not sure, I can’t find that anywhere .Is there a permanent fix for this?

Is your camera powered with a cable and power adapter or is it a battery powered cam? If you were told to factory reset it has to be a V2 indoor camera or a V3 indoor/outdoor camera. When did you buy the cam?

WVOD1B1 is a V3 Camera I just checked a box I have for one.
A Version one Battery Powered outdoor cam is a WVOD1. You heading says cam-outdoor V2?

1 Like

I ran it for a year on battery. Last year I got the Solar charger. Stay 98% charged. I changed heading to V2

If it has color night vision it is a Wyze Cam Outdoor Version Two, if it does not have color night vision it is a Version One WCO. Do you have cam plus or cam plus lite on the camera. what else does it say when you get error code 05, anything?
Probably a connection error. Is the base station connected to the router with ethernet cable or are you using Wi-Fi ?
Do you have up to date firmware on base and camera?
Open the camera on the app, go to settings, device information and check the signal at the cam.

2 Likes

It does not have color at night that I know of. I have base connected to route by cable. I am still looking for where it shows the signal strength to camera. firmware is up to date on base and cmera. you may be right on the connection being the problem. I will move the base a little better location to see if it improves.

Steps

2 Likes

It’s 3 bars just like in your example. Now to see if after I moved it to a better spot, to see if that improves enough to stop the error 05 stuff. Thanks. I pay the annual fee for the Cam Plus. Not Cam Pro or Plus Lite.

I went outside tonight in the pitch darkness, it seem to be working so much better just by moving it 2 feet to a better location by the window, instead of behind the wall. Thank you so much Antonius!

1 Like