Wrong camera image on home screen

Just noticed a strange problem on android - the images displayed on the home screen are showing the wrong camera. The images stored in Wyze-Cache-Cam-Lastimage are also wrong. The image for 1 camera shows as the image of another. The live stream is fine and and after viewing it the image is correct, but after reopening the app the image has changed to the wrong camera. Interestingly the date/time of the image in the folder are not the same. It appears to be changing the image to another camera after closing/opening the app.

Wyzecam 3 showed the correct image but after reopening the app it is now showing Wyecam 5 image.

edit: version 2.7.14

I had this happen once as well. Of the possible problems I guess this one isn’t too bad

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t seen that myself, but I’m on iOS. Did you change anything around recently? Did you rename WyzeCam 3 to WyzeCam 5 and vice-versa, for example? Anything weird like that? It should be smart enough not to get confused by that, but I suppose it’s possible. If so, it might be helpful in diagnosing the bug.

1 Like

Added a camera, (and did flip 1 and 6, but those seem to be fine) but the images are stored in a folder by mac id not name. I cleared all app data and resigned in, it hasn’t happened again - as I was typing I checked and it just did it again same cameras 5->3.

1 Like

My second guess was that it might be an issue related to the Android file caching, but I’m not an Android user, so I don’t know a ton about that. Can you see the images in the folder, and is that one in there twice, under two different MAC addresses?

1 Like

That what happens the image is in the folder with 2 different mac id’s… But the file date/time for the wrong image is different (set to the time I reopened the app). This started with the latest beta never saw it before.

1 Like