Wren Attempts To Make Home On Wyze Cam

I guess 3D printing an outdoor enclosure that looks like a bird house was not such a great idea haha.

11 Likes

Well that enclosure backfired :joy:

Totally should have guessed this would be the result haha. Will definitely make for some good videos however.

Neil

3 Likes

Is your camera solar powered?

Yeah, I actually planned on having the solar panel for the electric fence energizer. Found out that the solar charge controller had a usb port on it. Figured what the heck I will take a cam back to see if wireless signal reached. Come to find out I get 95% signal strength to this cam which is 450+ foot away from my house. i have a Ubiquity outdoor panel antenna which just rocks.

So I just got a notification while replying. I have yet to move the camera back into place as I have been at work since I noticed it. Now it looks like I have a new visitor.

Neil

6 Likes

If you enlarge the photo I posted of the camera. You can see on the opposite side of the lake there is a pool. The wireless access point is installed on a 10’ post on the opposite side of the pool pointing towards the camera. The idea was to cover the backyard and lake area (kids and I like to camp and they watch tablets at night before bed). It ended up working out better than expected. I would have never guessed it to push signal this distance.

Neil

2 Likes

Too funny :joy::joy: I bet that wren was thinking that this is the stupidest bird house I have ever seen. :rofl:

2 Likes

maybe a no vacancy sign would help…

5 Likes

Hahaha love it

1 Like

He is back. This time he had a mid air change of mind!

Neil

3 Likes

He saw the no vacancy sign this time. :rofl:

1 Like

Hum, I have the pan cam version…Lets see what will happend…lol!

I got my Wyze Cam today and have been playing with the app all afternoon while watching all the different uploaded videos here.

This has been my favorite. Love the setup by the way. Any new visitors?

2 Likes

I’ve had a fox who visited. A family of deer had been munching on my cantaloupe and pumpkins. The raccoons destroyed my sweet corn. It’s been pretty interesting around here. Im thinking about setting up another box on the other side of the field to catch more of that action (corn grew so tall that it was sl the camera saw).
Neil

1 Like

I misread the subject as “Gwen Attempts To Make Home On Wyze Cam” and was completely confused as to what the post was going to be about…
Is Gwen building a new home?
Is Gwen cleaning her home?
Is Gwen playing baseball and hoping to steal home?
What could it be?
No matter which one, it is probably going to be some sort of time-lapse video.

1 Like

Neat!!

Ha ha, that’s what i was thinking :smile:

The last thing a bug sees before going down the gullet :open_mouth:

Hope you do! :slight_smile: