Wren Attempts To Make Home On Wyze Cam

I guess 3D printing an outdoor enclosure that looks like a bird house was not such a great idea haha.

10 Likes

Well that enclosure backfired :joy:

Totally should have guessed this would be the result haha. Will definitely make for some good videos however.

Neil

2 Likes

Is your camera solar powered?

Yeah, I actually planned on having the solar panel for the electric fence energizer. Found out that the solar charge controller had a usb port on it. Figured what the heck I will take a cam back to see if wireless signal reached. Come to find out I get 95% signal strength to this cam which is 450+ foot away from my house. i have a Ubiquity outdoor panel antenna which just rocks.

So I just got a notification while replying. I have yet to move the camera back into place as I have been at work since I noticed it. Now it looks like I have a new visitor.

Neil

5 Likes

If you enlarge the photo I posted of the camera. You can see on the opposite side of the lake there is a pool. The wireless access point is installed on a 10’ post on the opposite side of the pool pointing towards the camera. The idea was to cover the backyard and lake area (kids and I like to camp and they watch tablets at night before bed). It ended up working out better than expected. I would have never guessed it to push signal this distance.

Neil

2 Likes

Too funny :joy::joy: I bet that wren was thinking that this is the stupidest bird house I have ever seen. :rofl:

2 Likes

maybe a no vacancy sign would help…

5 Likes

Hahaha love it

1 Like

He is back. This time he had a mid air change of mind!

Neil

2 Likes

He saw the no vacancy sign this time. :rofl:

1 Like

Hum, I have the pan cam version…Lets see what will happend…lol!