WOC no motion detection

Hi!

I setup my WOC to look over my front doorstep

but am not getting any motion notifications at all, night or day despite many folks coming in and out. I’ve maxed out the sensitivity. It’s only about 7ft off the ground. Any ideas?

Welcome to the group! Can you aim the camera up to improve the angle of the camera for detection?

Have a visit to this thread and go through the trouble shoot tips.

1 Like

Thanks! Will take a look and try

| Omgitstony Forum Maven
October 3 |

• | - |

Welcome to the group! Can you aim the camera up to improve the angle of the camera for detection?

Have a visit to this thread and go through the trouble shoot tips.

Is it possible the bulk of his or her motion sensor (bottom half of the camera) is actually just seeing the siding of the house?

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I completely reoriented the camera so people move across instead of towards it.

Still… no notifications. Any other ideas?

Another view

1 Like

No notifications? Or no event videos which means there is nothing to send a notification for? What are your event recording settings?

You may have to take the camera down and set it on a table facing the wall, but when the camera is idle, what does the status light on the back show? When you wave your hand in front of the camera what does the status light show?

Sorry I meant no event recordings. I pointed the camera at the wall and did as you said. Still no event recording. The light is off when it’s idle and when my hand passes in front it flashes blue, turns solid blue. When my hand leaves light turns off

Video: Sync.com | Control Panel

Here are my settings

The blinking blue and the solid blue show that the camera pir is detecting motion and waking up. And you still have no events and/or notifications? The event tab has no videos from that? What if you keep moving your hand and not stop will it trigger? Based on your settings and what I see, the camera appears to be working. Do you get any Wyze notifications?

Edit, watching the video again, when you wave your hand to wake the camera up your finger tips appear in the correct spot of the lower 2/3 detection area. But at the end when you wave your hand after he camera has woken up, your finger tips appear to be above the detection area. Can you wave your hand and keep it within the detection area?

Thanks for all the advice! I figured it out. The notifications for WOC were enabled but I accidentally disable global notifications… doh.

I thought I wasn’t getting events but I must have missed them or there was a caching issue. They’re all there now!

Thanks all for the help!

3 Likes