Wireless Tripwire (Photoelectric security beams)

A wireless driveway / perimeter alarm consisting of 2 devices with 3 beams aimed at each other creating an invisible “trip wire”.

This would use a triple photoelectric beam sensor requiring all 3 “beams” to be crossed at the same time to be activated. This avoids false alarms; Only sending you an alert when something as large as a deer, person or car crosses between the 2 devices,

When the beams are crossed, a signal is sent to the receiver, and the receiver would communicate with the wyze cam to start recording and send a notification to your phone, and flash your wyze lights on your front porch and in your house to let you know something is on your property.

Requirements

• Triple beam sensor (to avoid false alarms)
  • Solar (no wiring)
  • Wireless zones (ability to add more sensors to work together to create a full perimeter watch around your house.
  • ip67 Weatherproof
  • 1 transmitter
  • 1 receiver
  • Rechargeable lithium ion battery
  • Built-in solar panel

Am very eager to get a Multi Line strip beams setup with my Wyze kit.
If Wyze wont be bringing one out very soon I will explore 3rd party hardware integration as possibility,

I am pretty confident this won’t happen in the next 6 month, and probably not this year.

You can sometimes tell based on the status of the wishlist. If something is on their roadmap, it usually has a status of in development - researching. Their roadmap is usually filled up for 6-12 months, though there are exceptions. However, in this case, they already told us that their primary focus for 2024 will be cameras and AI 2.0, so we shouldn’t anticipate seeing a lot of new physical products that are not related to that this year, though there may be a few exceptions since they said they are looking to make some new things that don’t even exist yet.

I dont mind implementing a third party product in that case, but it seems like third party integration to Wyze is very limited and restricted. Especially when it domes to hardware related products.