Windy Day Button

I would like an app homescreen button to push on a windy day that reduces the detection sensitivity or reduces the detection zones of all cameras and the doorbell for X hours until it reverts to normal.

Normally, my detection settings and zones are fine, but on windy days I would like to reduce the sensitivity and reduce the detection field to just the essentials to avoid the blowing trees and shadows. I can manually change cameras and doorbell, but it’s a pain, and I forget to change it back.

Thanks.

Until that happens, what I did was create a shortcut button that turns all camera notifications off. Then I created a schedule that turns all of them back on later in the day (so I don’t forget).

To keep my critical V3 driveway camera working, I installed a Sense Motion sensor to trigger camera events, even when camera notifications are turned off (you get a notification and a trigger from the sensor).

Finally, on any cameras like my driveway camera that can’t stand being on at night due to headlights or whatever, I have those cameras scheduled to turn off motion detection at night. The Sense Motion sensor again picks up detection duties then.

So a motion sensor trigger is a good way to get around windy pixel alerts. But you have to install it properly. Mine is above my front door, partially blinded by an overhang so it doesn’t see street or sidewalk activity. Someone has to be 2/3 up my driveway before their feet appear to it. It is also angled away from my neighbor’s dog and kids. It picks up the lawnmower when it gets close to my property, but I use that as confirmation that people would be detected there too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes