Windows 10 to monitor Cameras

Other then an Android emulator, what is the preferred way to monitor a Wyze Cam Pan via a Windows 10 PC?

1 Like

Aside from an emulator, the only other option I’m aware of is to use the RTSP firmware. With RTSP you can use Video camera software like Blue Iris and others. I don’t use it myself, but based on other posts here, I don’t think the RTSP is fully reliable though.

2 Likes

Two way to go is software or Alexa on a fire stick on a tv.
Blue Iris will do all types of camera at it $50. You need a faster computer then a Pen dual core. You can try it for free.
There is software in window store but I would not want give the rtsp to china.
Alexa/fire stick with skill to Wyze app do good on a 43 inch tv.
Ukn if fire stick work on computer?
Alexa app on computer will not show camera. I know because I try it 15 min ago

1 Like

Good if you don’t count the frame rate.

1 Like

the person that made the first digital camera is the one that kill film and it else. I look at this as I am taking a photo every sec. I am the directors and lighting person and the movie is the world changing around me,

1 Like

Before I forget that best thing have to watch the camera is a Kindle 8 with play store on.

1 Like

I’ve have installed ‘Blue Iris’ among several others, (think: IP Camera Viewer, Security Monitor, just to name a few) but from what I’ve learned, Wyze does not support ONVIF natively. I have seen the .bin file which mods the camera use RTSP and then supports ONVIF. However, I wasn’t aware if there were any other avenues to proceed. I really didn’t want to install an emulator; it would just place another program in the launch chain to view the camera. BTW, I’ve had very good luck with the ‘Pan’ camera of which I’ve recommended it to several neighbors and friends all with good luck. I’ve used several Chinese unknown brand cameras and they work very well with ONVIF, it just begs the question why doesn’t Wyze? Is there future expansion plans? Maybe it was just an oversight… I liken this situation to finding a very nice DSLR camera at a very good price point, unfortunately it only produces images in an .ehr format. It takes fabulous pictures but you will need their proprietary viewer to see the ephemeral .ehr images. Albeit, it is free, but still frustrating that all common viewer apps will not works with their mystery .ehr format. Three cheers for the ‘Joint Photographic Experts Group’ for image standards.
Thanks for all the thoughts~!~

3 Likes

this camera is older then Wyze.

ONVIF I think you have to pay to be in the group from what I read. That will put the camera at $75 if they did. The camera still has flaw and people are doing mod to them. I want to change the mic out to get better sound. I have it point to mountains 25 mile away and would like to see if changing out the lens will I be able to see the Tv antenna someday. Over all it a new toy for only $25 from home depot.

May be Wyze will make a 120 megapixel camera for $25

I use tinyCam Pro Android app running on a cheap Android TV box.
tinyCam Pro can run as a web server allowing you to view your Wyze cameras on any web browser.
All you can do is view the cameras, you can’t change settings.
You can view 4 cameras per screen.

3 Likes