Window Screens

Has anyone had any luck aiming the camera outside through a window that has a screen on it?

1 Like

Yep. Looks like crap. The camera focuses too well on it.

Yes,
I have yet to move mine outside!

So I temporarily mounted it to a window on the inner door. The outer door has a screen (nylon black fine mesh) that is 4-5 inches away.

My wyze cam v2, can see right through both no prob.

Regular images - clear (nice color)
Motion detection - excellent @ level 6
Sound detection - excellent @ level 1
IR - set to auto - was my only adj. Issue.

Had to get the glare of IR off the glass for night time operation.

Used an old black cloth to catch glare points (2 of the 4 lights).

Camera can still pick up breezy bush movement, IR night images & motion tracking well over, 100 ft away.

So much so, that I had to block off some of the window. To keep it from tracking traffic 35 - 45 yds away!

The close-up feature is affected to the point of blurring enlarged closeups of faces. All else is A-ok by me!

IMG_20181121_073812

Pix of day n night views!

Looks OK! Good enough to make me want to try it today. If I like it, will order one of their new black ones on Black Friday! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

I am happy enough with this! Now I get to buy the black one on Black Friday!
upstairs%20cam%20pic

1 Like

I am not sure if the settings have been updated for detection or if my screens are to loose but I get notified all the time with my camera looking through a screen. Currently set on 34 but trying the setting mentioned above of 6 now. I don’t want to miss activity with the detection setting to low.

Just take the screen down. I have 2 windows where I removed the screen. Of course I have central air conditioning, so I never open the windows. YMMV.

1 Like

Yikes,
I hope that’s not the case?

Last year I had no problems.

Up here screen door weather is close to 30 days away.
70 degree days in avg. Hasn’t happened yet either!

Unfortunately for me my screen is a one piece n no central air. :hushed:

I only place screens on the doors to reduce, trapping summer extreme, radiant heat between the two doors.