WiFi Sensitivity failing on 15 month old V2 Cam

Just reaching out to see if others are having the same problem. May 2018 I bought four V2 cameras and a friend bought two. I actually had one of mine replaced in April for this problem, but now I have another one doing the same thing and one of my friends two cameras has lost it’s WiFi too. [Note: The replacement camera has a different manufactures WiFi MAC ID.]

What happens is a camera a room or two from the WiFi router starts dropping off the WiFi in live view or playing back from SD card or even connecting - after working perfectly for over a year. However if I move that camera a few feet from the router/AP, it works, but only shows a signal of 17-25%. Other cameras in a room or two away show 68% to 87%. It is as if the RF pre-amp is failing and actually it’s transmit power is also much lower. So it may be the entire RF module and I’m wondering if others are having this same issue on cameras acquired around May of 2018?

1 Like

I have not seen any change in signal strength on my oldest vs newest v2s. It’s always possible that aging hardware will have failures so that may well be what you’re seeing.

1 Like