WiFi-enabled wall switch that does not require a neutral

That would be even better. I have not looked at a lot of options for non-neutral wiring switches. I am guessing though, that Wyze wouldn’t have it connect to the HMS Sense Hub anyway. If they had it connect to anything besides direct WiFi, it would probably be that new “Universal Chime” thing the VP of Product told us about.

He did say that it would serve lots of products. In that case, it would probably be available for individual purchase.

I have heard that a lot of the ones that stay on all the time aren’t compatible with LED bulbs though because any current at all decides if they’re on or not, so even keeping it low keeps them turned on, so you have to use incandescent lights with them instead of smart bulbs. That would be slightly disappointing. Hopefully Wyze has some kind of solution to that so we can use smart bulbs with them too.

Do the options you have experience with allow you to use smart LED bulbs with them?

Of course, all of this is just speculation for now until they give us more info officially. I am just happy there is something coming. Most of the options I looked at 2 years ago were really expensive or didn’t work very well.

Now if we can finally get something that will automate the lighting effectively in a large room.
I haven’t found anything yet that works well for automated lighting of a large room where people will sometimes be sitting down, etc. (motion sensors don’t cover the whole room and definitely can’t tell when someone is sitting down watching TV, Cameras COULD do this, but they aren’t enabled to be able to do this to decide when to shut off the lights). Some day I hope that gets resolved.

2 Likes