WiFi 4-way handshake

I am observing a significant difference in the 4-way handshake when comparing my two v2 cameras with my three v3 cams.

v2 4-way handshake via AP syslog:
sending 1/4 msg of 4-Way Handshake
received EAPOL-Key frame (2/4 Pairwise)
sending 3/4 msg of 4-Way Handshake
received EAPOL-Key frame (4/4 Pairwise)
starting accounting session 23871FD3C7F62098
pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

v3 4-way handshake via AP syslog:
received EAPOL-Key frame (2/4 Pairwise)
received EAPOL-Key frame (4/4 Pairwise)
starting accounting session 09C6C6BA9F2774CB
pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

Firmware version:
v2’s: 4.9.71068
v3’s: 4.36.3.19

Should I go open a support ticket?

What the he you talking about???

The only “significant difference” is a couple of retries. What’s the big deal about that?

Retries are an indication that things are not working properly. If things were working properly there wouldn’t be any retries. I only see this behavior with the v3 cameras. I haven’t seen this for any of my v2 cameras. In the end, the v3’s do connect to my WiFi network.

For people that are only interested in the end result, there is not a problem. However, if you care about things working smoothly without retries, there is definitely a problem. By the way, one of my v3’s is ten feet from the Access Point, so it’s not a signal strength thing.

Could be a bug. Could be a purposely more aggressive approach to avoid known issues with initial session setup. Could be weaker WiFi on that model. Could be a lot of things. :slight_smile:

Yes indeed; I think you’re on to something. :grin:

I just looked at our V3 Cams at 5 locations,and they all load up just fine with no issues