Wife requests using WYZE sense on Toilet seat

You would know if I use your bathroom Because I Always put the lid down When I am done ,Wherever I am, No matter what the ,seat/lid position was when I walked in there

3 Likes

I’ve made a habit of leaving the seat down - point was driven home a few years ago when I dropped my cell phone in an open portal (unfortunately, shall we say, not “sparkling clean”).

2 Likes

I took the seat off completely.
Now I’m single.
:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Certainly one solution to an age old problem … but please be careful when you have to … well … you know.

I think Wyze could make a special “water” proof version. They could call it the WyzeAS#

2 Likes

Barneyts

3 Likes

It’s kind of funny you never hear of anyone ‘going’ on the lid of the toilet. You’d think the opposite would happen just as much as people falling in.

Here’s a solution to the unsanitary concerns: put the sensor on the tank and the magnet on the lid. Then send an alert if the sensor is “closed” for more than 15 minutes (or however long it take to finish the magazine article :laughing:)

To take it one step further, place a small actuator on the tank and after X time, have it push the top of the lid closed on it’s own. (A slow close lid would be preferred, otherwise that bang in the middle of the night could scare the you-know-what out of you.)

1 Like

I once, a long time ago, had the habit of taping string-pull firecrackers to the toilet lid so opening the lid would set them off. I would do this just before bedtime. You could hear the commotion from the other end of the house when one of my sisters had to make a midnight run

Nowdays, everytime I put the lid back down I ponder that idea and any potential usefulness it might still have vs my life expectancy…

1 Like

Hilarious! :rofl: Does your ribs still hurt from laughing?

Life expectancy is over rated, enjoy the experience! :innocent:

Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are

1 Like

I always sit when using the toilet. If women can do it, men can do it. Keeps the splashing on the rim under control and doesn’t add much more time to the process.

1 Like

Wife just replied; if seat is up and wife sits on cold porcelain (with seat up at dark night)… unpleasant thoughts… well… a happy wife is happy life! Your choice!

1 Like

I’ve always believed that anyone who drops their drawers, sits down bare bottom and doesn’t look where they are sitting deserves whatever happens. Obviously, I’m single.

2 Likes

Steven, nice to see you on here!

You could be right, in a military or college dorm sort of way. If you have the bathroom light turned on according to textbook protocol, your eyes should be operating at greater than 80% capacity and yes, it’s totally on you for noticing what’s not like you last saw it. Of course, a single person doesn’t have to worry about somebody else having totally different notions about where to hang bath towels, which way the toilet paper roll should be hung, removing hair from bar soap, wiping toothpaste off of faucet handles, ect…

But, I think Gengel5 was outlining one specific scenario that you have not taken full account of: ‘with seat up at dark night’, this is implying that darkness is a critical factor, and hints at what potentially was going wrong for Gengel5

What I think is going on with that scenario, is something that sometimes happens when people live together. Someone will feel an obligation to avoid disturbing their partner at night, so they try to use the bathroom without using the light. Maybe it’s because the light switch is also turning on a fan & they don’t want that extra noise, maybe the bathroom door is right inside the bedroom and the light from under the door is much too bright. Whatever the reason, try to imagine what it is like to compromise your own usage of a bathroom because you wish to be nice to someone else, only to find that ‘someone else’ has been absolutely thoughtless about how you would do things. In just a moment of time, you go from floating along in a nice happy space - to contemplating dumping a bucket of cold water on the other side of the bed! This kind of break in the ‘happy space’ is how couples wind up yelling at each other over the mornings coffee & spending their day at work not so happy about going home again. It’s not worth it - just put the seat down!

3 Likes