Why Wyze has so many good reviews

Ever wonder why Wyze has so many good reviews on their website? This may be the answer.

Recently submitted the following in regards to my purchase of the Covid test kits in response to a request from Wyze for the review:

Product good - customer service NOT!

Valid product at a decent price. Shipping promises and purchase cancellation policies leave a lot to be desired and are NOT what is expected from a company in today’s world.

After posting it I got the following from Wyze:

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Looks to me that Wyze is not only afraid of the truth but actively tries to hide it.

6 Likes

A coupla nutz from a search squirrel :wink: :rat: (closest thing they had :woman_shrugging: )

2 Likes

It still makes no sense to me that people put faith in reviews posted and hosted by vendors. This includes Amazon. There seems to be some sort of gentlemen’s agreement to not skew them too much (rigging by 3rd party sellers and review bribes notwithstanding). So like many people I use them anyway as one factor in decisions.

What I’m saying is Wyze blocking negative reviews isn’t exactly a surprise.

On the other hand they are very lenient about criticism in this forum.

2 Likes

It wasn’t a negative review - 3 star 'cause I did get what I ordered at the price I expected.

Of course it’s entirely possible (probable given Wyze’s action) that Wyze considers anything less than a fawning 5 star review to be negative. Makes no difference to me in the long term as this will be the last interaction I have with them - with the possible exception of a customer dis-service contact.

Many customer service organizations have gone down to a Yes / No binary survey format. Anything not "dissatisfied* is considered happy face satisfied. We’re getting there with reviews too. Siskel and Ebert were ahead of their time.

I can’t think of anywhere false misinformation flagging & revisionist history isn’t being practiced these days.

MiniTrue vs the wayback machine… :upside_down_face:

I can only assume that their “website guidelines”, rather than being the same algorythims used in Vegas off-the-strip slot machines, refers to the:

:point_down: Click for full text

WYZE CUSTOMER RATINGS AND REVIEWS AND QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TERMS OF USE

These Terms of Use govern your conduct associated with the Customer Ratings and Reviews and/or Questions and Answers service offered by Wyze Labs, Inc. (the “CRR Service”).

By submitting any content to Wyze Labs, Inc. , you guarantee that:

• You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights in the content;
  • All “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
  • All content that you post is accurate;
  • You are at least 18 years old;
  • Use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms of Use and will not cause injury to any person or entity.

You further agree that you may not submit any content:

• That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
  • That infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
  • That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
  • That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
  • For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any unapproved third party;
  • That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
  • That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.

You agree to indemnify and hold Wyze Labs, Inc. (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.

For any content that you submit, you grant Wyze Labs, Inc. a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.

All content that you submit may be used at Wyze Labs, Inc. 's sole discretion. Wyze Labs, Inc. reserves the right to change, condense, withhold publication, remove or delete any content on Wyze Labs, Inc. 's website that Wyze Labs, Inc. deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of these Terms of Use. Wyze Labs, Inc. does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Wyze Labs, Inc. to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days. However, Wyze Labs, Inc. reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission to the extent authorized by law. You acknowledge that you, not Wyze Labs, Inc. , are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Wyze Labs, Inc. , its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.