Why No Free Shipping on v3 Pre-Order?

Please post your results.

Know somebody in the USA

Wyze should offer previous owners who buy multiple unit free shipping.
With that, by saying thanks to Wyze loyalty customers and at the same time selling more units.
If not 2, then 3-4 or more units with free shipping. It’s a win-win situation for both.

2 Likes

How would that be a win win? The more weight the more it costs to ship right? It’s 8 dollars I don’t understand the issue from people you buy a camera they don’t owe for for being a customer. They already sale cheap products for you and don’t make a ton of margin pay the shipping and move on I would like this company to continue on not run it self into the ground being beyond loyal to customers.

2 Likes

Wyze would definitely sell more when offering buy 4 units with free shipping.
Customers are tend to buy couple more instead of 2 to save the shipping fee, and it’s logic.
Wyze would make more sales to offset the shipping fee.

I have about $200 in an order on hold cause I expect the free shipping. So when I saw the pre order exclusion i thought fine, let’s just cancel the pre-order. But there is no way to find and cancel pre orders!

I have sent three un-answered emails.
There is no way to call customer service.
So,
Investors beware: these founders are violating a cardinal rule of every successful business : ignore your customers at your own risk of failure.
Howard

3 Likes

BTW: Wyze is who offered the free shipping over a minimum order. So why shouldn’t we therefore expect the free offer?

The fact is that no one outside of Wyze and Company knows their financial investment In each camera/device sold. I’ve purchased many items from Banggood and AliExpress and they are dirt cheap… That tells me that even though they offer a camera at a very attractive price Point, I am willing to bet that their margin of profit is substantial although not outstanding

1 Like

I think that the perception of ‘High shipping costs’ is resultant of the 'Low product cost

3 Likes

Spent a few years working in maintenance and setup at a plastics plant. The color issue is correct. White is an easy straight run. Any color, black, red, pink, etc. requires a mix and can be a pain to get setup. that is the reason for the extra cost on a color run. The bigger the run, the lower to cost per item.

Guys, is the cost of shipping really going to hurt you? We are supporting a great company who develops quality products and solutions at an affordable price for everyone.

Did you ever notice the price difference between Amazon and direct? Oddly enough the difference is exactly the same as the shipping charges…not an accident…

USPS flat rate boxes :
A) cost nothing to acquire
B) cost the same to ship no matter how many are in the box. If it fits, it ships.
C) are picked up free by USPS
D) are much less than what Wyze charges. Most common size is under $8.00
to ship anywhere in the US.
E) make Wyze look bad in the current situation.

1 Like

It’s not a linear scale on weight, it’s a combination of size and weight and the method of transit.

Air shipments, the size of the package is the most important as the planes used to ship are restricted by volume primarily, weight of package is a minor factor.

For example, shipping two cams in separate boxes will cost more than combining the two in one box. Not sure why you don’t think that larger combined orders would not lower Wyze’s cost of shipment…

It isn’t about cost $$$ it’s about equality across the board

Could you expound on that please, I’m interested it what that means exactly (not being facetious).

This fits in with other business decisions that Wyze has made that make no sense. Unfortunately, they seem to have become ‘tone deaf’ to the dis-satisfaction That seems to be growing at an alarming rate. Somebody at Wyze needs to take the blinders off.

1 Like

To use shipping costs as a profit center is not a customer friendly method, and perception to the customer is certainly a negative one.

When a massive percentage of users out there have either a prime membership that provides a free shipment, or a similar program through Walmart, target, etc. means that when you order from other sources that decide to leverage shipping fees, it can leave a negative perception of the transaction.

Unfortunately, since Wyze is struggling to find any method that allows them to appear to be keeping their $20 target price while finding any way to increase your actual coat of acquisition, is problematic.

If you can’t make any profit selling your devices, you go out of business. That’s the bottom line. You need to charge a price that provides adequate profit to keep your lights on
What we’re seeing on this forum is a microcosm of the market as a whole. If the aggregate of the opinions expressed here are ignored or dismissed, it doesn’t reflect a manufacturer responsive to their userbase.

It would be less offensive to the user to be charged $8 more for the cam and have free shipping than charging $20 and then using the shipping charges to bump the net profit.

In the commercial space, I had huge corporate users spend inordinate amount of time challenging or verifying any shipping fees on shipments. These corporations would not be allocating the resources, paying salaries to employ personnel to do nothing other than make sure that charges reflected my costs to ship.

It’s a known practice that is not acceptable to corporate clients, why would Wyze feel it’s an acceptable practice in the consumer space?

1 Like

They use a third-party shipping service to fulfill the preorders. For example, Wyze used FedEx Logistics to fulfill the preorders for the Wyze Outdoor Cams. My WOC preorder was sent from one of these FedEx fulfilment centers. FedEx’s shipping service wasn’t that great. You can read about the complaints in here. I hope Wyze finds a better solution.