Why no app in the Amazon app store?

support

I don’t get it. You guys have an Android app in the Play store. Why not in Amazon’s store? I know you’re working with them to get the Alexa integration working on all their current devices, so it’s not a turf issue.

Hello! While Fire OS uses a lot of Android code, it is not totally the same so it can have its own set of bugs and requirements. For now the reason we are not on Amazon’s store is bandwidth from our developers and a low amount of requests to be on this market place. We are however not against publishing the Amazon’s market place if there are enough users requesting it, so I have added this to our feature requests!

I, too, would like an app on the Amazon app store, but only care if:

• it works with the Fire 7 (current gen I think)
  • it will stay live indefinitely (as opposed to timing out, screen going blank, etc) as I want to leave the tablet on a table with a live shot out the front window

I’ve added your vote to the tracker as well.

Thanks. There was a lot of excitement at the news that Wyze would work with Amazon’s Alexa. I would think there would be a percentage who would want the app. That ten minute time limit limits the use. Also, no camera control.

Is there anything I can do to raise awareness of this?

I would like to cast a vote for an Amazon app. Please add me to the count.

Added you to the count! Thanks for letting us know.

Anyone else?

Please add WYZE APP. Can’t believe it’s not already there. Just bought 2 of your cameras and they only work on my phone. I’D like to use my Fire when I’m home.

I would like the app available for my Kindle as well.