Why no 12-second clips

I am only getting 12 sec events, not 60 sec as the video states I should get with an SD card

Yeah. Piece of crap waste of money.

I’ve had the same issue with one of my 3 cameras. Always the same one. Happens about once a week. A restart, as mentioned, appears to correct. Also, as mentioned, SD card recording appeared in each case to be okay.

Are you looking in the events tab or clicking on “playback” when trying to check your sd card footage?

Thanks. I’ll restart and stick a micro SD card in it and see what happens.

events. I haven’t had a card in the camera.

My post above was a reply a different user

For your issue, do you have a detection zone set on the problematic camera? What are your recording settings and where are you wanting the video to show up? On the cloud event clips? Are you familiar with the 5-minute cooldown on the event clips (not CMC clips)? Do you get a lot of event clips throughout the day? If you get a 12-second event clip there is then a 5 minute cool down before another 12-second event clip is saved.

Events

The events tab is only for cloud based recordings, which is why you are only seeing the 12 second clips.

To see the footage that is saved to the SD card, you need to go into the live view of a camera and click “Playback” at the bottom of the screen. That will bring you to a page where a timeline will show up and indicate where footage is saved based on your local storage settings.

Similar issue in not being able to view events. They show up but always show download failed. I am able to view all day recording on my 2 cameras with 32gb sd cards. All was working fine up until last Friday when this began. I have gone through all of the normal procedures to correct , but nothing seems to change. Any ideas ?

Got it! So the cloud will work in tandem with the SD recording? I didn’t know that I thought it was one or the other.

The cloud recordings, SD card recordings, and the “manual record” button are the three ways you can record footage. They are each Independant of each other. You can have one, two or do all three at once, or none at all.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tips above in relation to the original post? Also a restart of the cameras and/or app may help. Still trying to scrub the forums for similar solutions

This a totally unacceptable bug that needs to get fixed ASAP or I’ll be finding new cameras. This can’t happen with cameras that are used to record motion! Needless to say, I have the same problem and not happy to see that so many people are having the same issue. I haven’t seen anybody from Wyze comment on this egregious issue!

I have the same issue for about the last month., Seems like when they did the last couple firmware updates back in March this started to happen. Mine seem to stop sending me notifications but it still seems to be recording events. I have unplug it and restart it and it starts sending notifications.
I am going to switch to constant record and see if anything changes. I also have a 32g card

I do have both camera’s on constant record and that hasn’t changed the results. The events record your just not able to view in events. There are no gaps in the constant recording just in the events area.

This issue seemed to be solved by activating the Complete Motion Capture.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035816351-Complete-Motion-Capture

I enabled CMC for the camera in question for 24 hours. It never missed an event. However, the issue came back several hours after disabling the CMC.

Is someone from Wyze able to confirm this bug and temp solution that robbychen just posted? I’m having the same issue. I have an SD card to record full time but every few days events stop showing up. Restarting the cams seems to be the only solution.

(Just a fellow user - not from Wyze)

Do you have the new Person Recognition turned on?

If so, maybe try turning off “Person” under “Notifications”, and also turn off “Person Recognition (pilot)” under Wyze Services.

Doing this seems to have increased the number of 12 sec clips recorded, but a couple of cams still seem oddly quiet.

Otherwise, yes, restarting seems to be the workaround. I used to physically unplug them but got tired of that and am now experimenting with a scheduled “group action” rule to restart them once a day.

Thanks sodcam. I’ve just made the change. Will report back if this seems to solve things.