Why is my playback speed so fast?

When I view playback, it’s playing back at what looks like x2 speed, i.e., time is going by twice as fast and people moving around are real fast like it’s on fast-forward or something. Ideas?

2 Likes

I’ve seen this when I have not enough bandwidth available.

Fixed it by removing other devices using Direct connection or WiFi such as an Xbox, TV’s iPads laying around…

I’ve also rebooted phone, router and watched event again and it plays at normal speed.

Do you have a card installed on camera?, I also found that an almost full card will do this.

I have a card in, but I think I am recording to the cloud.

Advanced setting: Recording: Choose Continuous and bypass the 5 minute cools down on the camera so you see everything before, during and after.

The super speed in my opinion happens when I’m just within range for a WiFi signal ( in house) and as I’m leaving to go do yard work 200’ feet away I get an alert ( it’s about to go cellular ) and I click the alert to view it…( because supply truck is expected ) and the results are a triple speed replay Of condensed data that cellular is trying to handle from WiFi recording?

Just my opinion, not a nerdist that can extrapolate…just my observations

I am seeing everything, that is, a continuous playback, but it just speeded up, that’s all.

Seeing the same accelerated playback (of 12 second clips) on 2 of my 6 cams.
FW 4.9.7.798
App 2.22.31

I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

Try updating your app, as of writing this 2.23.1 is the up to date app

FW 4.9.7.1068
App 2.24.23

It is sporadic. The same camera will record and play back 12-second events normally some times. Other times, it is 19-second events played back at an accelerated rate. Looking at the playback of the entire event, it is the same rate as the clips.

Mostly here to confirm the previous report and add more details. I don’t come here often, anymore, and it is not a big enough issue for me to expend energy to troubleshoot.

I’m having the same issue. On a strong wifi here, but my camera is in an area with weaker signal. I would like to be able to adjust to 1x speed.

I have the same issue. Had this been solved?

Same issue.

Same issue for me. Reformatted my SD card and the speed is back to normal.