Why is my pan wyze cam resetting every 5 mins?

I’ve had this wyze cam for over a year now. I updated the firmware that says improved security (i’m a little concerned at this point). Now my pan wyze cam is rotating every 5 seconds.

1 Like

That sounds very much like a power issue. Are you using a very long cord? Or of course it could be a defect?

I would try temporarily moving the camera to a different outlet with the cord that came with it. If it still has issues I would open a support ticket

> here.

1 Like

Good Morning @element72 Welcome to the Forums!

I agree with @rbruceporter in that it could be a power issue,

But also I had a similar issue after an update . Could you please Post the Firmware Version and Application version you are using?
For my particular Pan cam, that was “rebooting” constantly I first troubleshoot by 1st changing the outlet the cam is on, 2. if you have more than 1 cam I would swap the power supply AND cable. and 3. Formatted the SD card. and finally tried a different SD card. and the cam would still exhibit the “rebooting behavior”.

I ended up needing to exchange the cam ( it was less than 2 weeks old at the time) and the problem is gone.

With yours being about a Year old and if there is an issue with it after trying the above, I would create a support ticket as @rbruceporter stated above to see if your Warranty is still active and what Wyze is able to do for you in regards to your cam .

Contact Support by Clicking HERE

1 Like

The connection seems to keep going out, for the pan cam.

• Pan Firmware Version 4.10.3.169
  • Application version 2.5.53
      1. first troubleshoot by 1st changing the outlet the cam is on, done
      1. Formatted the SD card. and finally tried a different SD card.

I believe formatting fixed it. I’ll update this thread if I see any further issues. Thank you!

3 Likes