Why is doorbell not announcing on Alexa?

I agree! It is the dumbest thing ever. When you buy something to work one way, and for no reason, it stops working that way with no explanation. Wyze doesn’t care about it’s consumers! I wish they did.

1 Like

I don’t think it is wyze specifically because all of my other brand Wi-Fi cameras have stopped announcing on Alexa also

It is the Wyze doorbell specifically. My Wyze v3 cameras work fine.

Well , all of a sudden today the Alexa announcements are working , it told me person was detected on a camera I didn’t even know was set that way plus couple others motion detected driveway cam etc
I have not done anything to try and fix it , I have just relying on the routines that I set up for some cameras

I just wanted to bump this topic, as I too have been experiencing this issue with my Wyze Doorbell and Alexa devices for close to 2 months, and can’t get the doorbell working again as a routine trigger… It was working great since getting the doorbell, and then one day almost 2 months ago it just stopped working…

Anyone get this resolved yet?

No, mine has not been resolved??? It still isn’t working!! I keep getting emails for new Wyze products but how about making sure the ones that people have purchased are working properly. I was hoping that they would have resolved this issue by now but I think it is time to move on to a different brand. The doorbell is advertised as Alexa compatible when it clearly is not! It worked great for a while but quit for no reason? I cannot express my anger towards this company that just doesn’t care!

I have been having the same problem. I want to hear in the basement, etc with the equipment I have.
I will follow along on this thread.

1 Like

Update- I just tried adding routines as someone suggested. That did not work for me either and I am pretty good at setting those up.
I even have two called “clap on” and “clap off” for my wife`s decorative lights. Plus others that are automated.

Well it’s definitely weird and on the Wyze side of things I think…

FOR EXAMPLE: I have a V2 camera setup as a baby monitor (perviously it was a V3 that I JUST moved outside), and use in combination with the Alexa skill “IFTTTTrigger” to trigger two separate routines to audibly announce on both of our household Alexa’s, and visually (by turning on and changing the Wyze color bulbs to pink) if the baby is moving or crying. Where it gets weird and makes me think this is on Wyze’s side of things is that when I look at either of the triggers (motion or sound) I’ve created using this Skill it shows them as a “Doorbell” type of device in the Alexa devices tab (pictures included below for reference), yet they both still work as triggers, kinda… Weirder still, around the same time that the Wyze doorbell presses stopped working as routine triggers, the colored Wyze bulbs I have set up around the house to go pink on that same Alexa routine stopped turning on and going pink, yet the audible parts of the routine announcing either movement or motion (screenshots of the routines included below for reference) still play, and the LED light in the Flex in the kitchen still goes pink (FYI, it’s technically an Amazon light)… Further muddying up the waters is the fact that my old Wyze contact sensors still work with Alexa as routine triggers (I have them set up to announce doors opening and closing on my Alexas). :man_shrugging:t4:

This shows that other “doorbell” type devices still work on Alexa as do third party devices/services other than Wyze’s doorbell and bulbs with Alexa, however there’s a breakdown somewhere in the communication chain between Wyze’s doorbell and colored bulbs +Alexa routines, thoughts?..

I am not saying that I am sure this will help, but its free to try. We never are informed or notified when Amazon or Wyze updates their skill (link between products). So, even when NOT having a problem, its NOT a bad idea to simply unlink and relink to Amazon. They may have made changes (good or bad) that impact our routines and rules. So, that refresh may help. We may also see it fix things that do not appear to be related. Since it takes only a minute or so, I routinely do it. I hope it helps.

Yeah, I’ve tried it, it doesn’t help, I’m still getting the same results. It’s super frustrating and annoying. I wish someone from their team would step in and attempt to help us resolve it…

What I’m reading throughout the thread is that the doorbell announcement does not seem to work anymore. But creating a routine still allows to do the announcement.
If this is the issue on hand, then this is an Alexa issue. I won’t ask anyone to call the Alexa support but will follow up with the Alexa team directly.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to get a routine to work either. Prior to whatever happened, pressing the button would trigger alexa to announce that someone was at the door without using a routine.

1 Like

I had the same issue a while back Alexa stopped announcing motion ,from people on cams.
Creating a routine would allow it to do the announcement.
A couple of weeks later, I did nothing and all , then all of a sudden all of my person detection announcements from Alexa started working again.

Can you bring this feature to google home speakers, please? You know Google has opened the nest API for doorbells and cameras to all companies now, just saying…

1 Like

Incorrect, doorbell presses DO NOT work with Alexa as TRIGGERS for Alexa routines (ie: automations). I don’t know if it works when announcing door presses on Alexa when turning on “Doorbell Press Announcements” with the Wyze Doorbell (as listed under the in Alexa app device specifics) as I’ve never personally used my Wyze Doorbell with my Alexas like that, as I prefer to use my doorbell as a trigger for more complex Alexa routines that do more than JUST announce a doorbell press (ie: I have them also set to turn on/off and change Wyze Color Bulbs, which no longer work along with doorbell presses as routine triggers)…

The problem lies with the doorbell no longer working as a routine trigger, and Wyze Color Bulbs unable to take Alexa Routine commands (FYI third party Alexa skills like IFTTTTrigger still work with Wyze IFTTT motion and sound events to trigger Alexa routines, as do the old Wyze contact sensor events)… Please help fix this all, THANK YOU!

It doesn’t work with the doorbell press announcements turned on. I’d had mine set up that way when I first got the doorbell and it worked amazingly for several months. I didn’t even need the chime that came with it, just had the echo’s announce when it was pushed.

When that failed, I tried making a routine that used the press event to trigger the routine and that also failed. Come to think of it, the routine I made that turns the porch light on when the doorbell is pressed is also not working.

It’s either Wyze isn’t sending Alexa the press event or Alexa isn’t recognizing it.

1 Like

Same here, and thanks for the confirmation! Hopefully this helps @Frederik narrow down the problem!

The doorbell press use to work with Alexa, and was great, however, something happened and it ceased working. I have been in contact with Wyze on this and they are looking into the issue with their Alexa Integrator and will hopefully get this corrected soon.

However, I am using the Release Candidate (RC) app and it provides the ability to allow the doorbell to actually call your cell (VoIP). This works great as it not only notifies you like the other devices, you will receive a call telling you someone is at the door and you can talk to them.

1 Like

Any update?
I simply can’t get it to work, routine or not.