Why does Wyze Use 33 gigs of space on my phone

If you deleted videos that could have totalled that much, it was probably the issue. I would expect the number reflected in settings to adjust itself down pretty soon.

It might help to also delete the ones you just deleted from the “Recently Deleted” album. (Emptying the trash bin.)

Right. Like I said, I deleted the videos from the Wyze album sitting in my photo app on the iphone and also deleted out of recently deleted. I then rebooted the phone and it was still showing Wyze using up 33 gigs of space on the phone.

How about a delete of the app and reinstall? Since deleting the videos show no change in usage and rebooting the phone doesn’t either?

Edit/ delete app, restart phone, and then reinstall…

3 Likes

Ok thanks. That worked for the moment. Question: Does timelapse auto save to the phone or not?

Timelapse are saved to the cameras sd card. You download them to your device when you want to view them.

But it shouldn’t go to the Wyze app or account for the data there should it?

On my Android/pixel 3, time lapse videos are saved to my device and I view them with google photos.

That’s odd though. Because I did not delete the timelapse from my phone, just the longer videos which did nothing, then deleted the Wyze app and that freed up 33 gigs of space.