Why does Wyze Cam Outdoor not support HomeKit Secure Video?

It would be a huge selling point for Apple users that want a device which promotes privacy and that ties into the Home app.

The Logitech Circle View is a camera that was recently announced and it fully supports HKSV.

By supporting HKSV the camera gets facial
recognition, iCloud storage, as well as Apple TV integration. The only reason I can see for this not being implemented is to keep users tied into the Wyze app and subscriptions, which is fine I guess. But it would be awesome to be able to use this new camera (and the existing indoor cameras) with HomeKit.

2 Likes

No need to start a new topic look here

I agree, HomeKit seems like it should be a priority at this point. With the addition of Apple TV Picture-in-Picture, this would be huge to check in on the cameras without leaving your show.

1 Like

That would be awesome to have. I’m also excited about the new feature where Siri will announce who’s at the door with facial recognition based on people you’ve tagged in your photos on iCloud Photo Library.

Plus iCloud storage for HomeKit secure video is technicality free for those of us that already subscribe to an upgraded storage plan.

They don’t have the ability to add HomeKit support it looks like. Lack of technical expertise.

1 Like