Who is giving wyze cams as gifts?

Who is giving wyze cams as gifts This season ?
I will be , v2

3 Likes

I am upgrading all of my cameras to V2 and gifting the V1 cameras to my friends and family.

1 Like

I am. My niece recently moved into an apartment and she asked for a webcam for security reasons. I got her the Pan Cam, (And I bought myself a black Wyze Cam. :grin:) I recommended them to friends on Facebook too.

1 Like

I am. Going home to Australia for Christmas, and they don’t have Wyze. Taking a couple for my family. And 5 for my mate who’s paying me back for them.

1 Like

I’m going to demo mine tomorrow and based on the reaction, may be giving one or two.

1 Like

Just be aware that Wyze Cams are not officially supported overseas and that there will be some features that don’t work (eg. Alexa integration).

1 Like

Oh, that’s a pity Alexa won’t work overseas. My family doesn’t have any Amazon products though, but are also getting some Google Home Hubs which I was hoping would eventually work. I hope those will work in Australia when it’s implemented…

But as long as the app and cameras work for live&playback&notifications then it’s still worth taking them.

The only reason the the basic functions wouldn’t work would be some country specific IP blocking. Also, 30 min time zones don’t see to work correctly.

You might want to hop over to vote and/or comment on the Roadmap topics below…

Grabbed three today to gift, including SD cards.

1 Like

I gave one to my brother, sister, daughter, son, and relative. My co workers got on for Christmas.

1 Like

I think it’s practical for company to put these cameras in Christmas raffle, rather than a $50 gift card from Target. Look, I am not gonna buy $50 worth of socks or hairspray from Target. Ok?

1 Like

I’d like to spend some money investing on my brother’s safety and security and he lives in Arizona. He’s great with tech, and very creative! But he has lots of guns and heavy machinery around that the kids can get into. Obviously the gun safe is a no brainer, but he knows better what he wants to watch, sense, contact, etc. That being said, I need a large gift card for him. Does Wyze even sell gift cards? Also, if it could be digital, so it could get there fast; that would be extra wonderful.

Wyze is does not have gift cards , you could get them a Amazon gift , E card for the wyze products they sell there or search
https://www.google.com/search?q=electronic+gift+cards&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS755US755&oq=electronic+gift&aqs=chrome.0.0l2j69i57j0l3.20768j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I think not me. I provide enuff tech support to my family for free. I enjoy my off time.

1 Like

No, I’m Plenty stocked on digital gifts, and great at google searches. Just wondered if Wyze has an e-gift option. I’d like to limit this sibling to basic smart home stuff. He’s been a bit naughty, so no real fun toys, sorry.

3 Likes

Thanks, @UserCustomerGwen! I just wanted to say how great a job you guys are doing making everyone feel heard and understood. I felt immediately accepted, amongst my other smart home-geekers/amazing people! And I’m sure it’s a lot, but bravo for all you do.

PS- I have wanted to tell you that your avatar is adorable.

Ps- I’m newish, so going to try to follow protocol and start a new thread on a different Wyze topic, though I just found something that I thought the class would would find hilarious. (see Wyze has an (evil) twin!)

1 Like

Aww… What a fantastic way to end my week! Thank you so much for your kindness, @Kaalan. We appreciate you following the forum protocols and you taking the time to say nice things. You rock! And I’m so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time as part of our community. :heart:

@StopICU33, thanks for sharing that info with Kaalan! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Who is giving wyze gifts this year ? :evergreen_tree:

:wave: I am. More or less, I’m getting my brother the starter kit, although I built my own package with the black camera, a non-Wyze SD card, (high endurance) and some additional contact sensors.

2 Likes