Which settings are shared between devices?

My wife uses an iPhone 8 Plus and I use an iPad Pro. We have four V2 cameras setup around the house and we use the same login credentials on both devices. I experimented with settings last evening when she mentioned that she no longer wanted any Wyze-related notifications (I want them). I discovered quickly that Event recording and Detection settings are shared if both devices are signed in with the same credentials. So is the master alert icon at the top-right of the main camera list screen. There are likely several other settings that are shared, but perhaps a few that are not. Is there an article (or table) that details how ALL setting are (or aren’t) shared between devices? Thanks.

I’m not sure about Apple devices, but on certain versions of Android the notifications can be turned off at the OS level. Maybe @Loki or @mixonepa can chime in here. :slight_smile:

Thanks, have already done that on her iPhone (Settngs/Notifications/Wyze) so she’ll no longer receive notifications. I guess I’m wondering if there are ANY settings in the Wyze app that are device-specific.

No, but you did it the way it can be done today.

2 Likes

@Newshound is correct. However, there is a topic in Wishlist that may interest you. You can head over there and VOTE for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s all been covered now, but here’s a review of the notification levels for future reference:

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.