Where are you mounting your WyzeCams?

It’s super flexible for sure. Where are you mounting your cameras at home?

1 Like

All of my WyzeCams are mounted on top of bookshelves for wide views of the rooms they’re positioned in.

In kids rooms so I no longer have to get off my couch to go see what excuse they are coming up with to delay bedtime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have twelve. They are mounted on walls, window sills, shelves… you name it. Almost all are mounted via screws that I drilled into the bases.

I have 3 that are mounted in my windows so that I can see my yards and driveway ( also I can check on my dogs during the day). I have the others mounted up towards the ceiling so I can get a good view of my rooms.

on glass windows, with suction caps, to monitor front & backyards. so far so good. Except, some issues with recording on microCD cards.

One in my garage to monitor the garage door and one in my kitchen so I can monitor 3 points of entry. I need more, but would love to put them outside. Problem is power.

I have them sitting in various places but my next one is going outside under a covered porch in the pool area. It doesnt get splashed or direct sun but it will get humidity. We’ll see how it goes. At $20 its worth a shot :slight_smile:

Positioned in a corner that is not protected. I will be ordering more to replace my other system in the near future

So you ditched the magnet and screwed them in? Please post pictures of your set up or a photo of a camera you have done this to

dvc… You can see a photo here:

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/mounting-options/#post-64667

On my window sill pointing outside. It has bugs and keeps having to be reset four times a day…now it just will not do anything.

Nice. Question: how are you plugging them in?

That particular one I added an outlet behind the door in that corner of the room. For others, I’ve needed to run longer than the cable supplied by Wyze so I got some 10’ and 15’ micro USB cables from Monoprice which work nicely:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=13933&seq=1&format=2

Just put one in a small server room at work. Magnetic to a rack rail and then a zip tie over it to secure it further.

I’ve had one mounted outside under an eave all winter. I just tucked the base into the vinyl siding J channel and ran the wire beside the siding into my screen porch. I’ve had temps in the --6°’s, many days/nights in the teens and no higher than low 20’s for several weeks here in Virginia and it hasn’t missed a beat. As long as it doesn’t get wet it’s probably very OK and for the $25 it was an experiment for me. See pic.

Bought some suction cups with hooks from the Dollar Story. The Wyze cam stand hangs on the hook upside down. You get 2 suction cups 41. Can’t beat it for viewing out the window. It the suction cup you can mount it up high in the window. I also put some black construction paper between the front of the camera and the window. It helps reduce reflections from the sun and lights.

How did you route the cord??

I poked a small hole in the ceiling and ran the cord into my attic. I installed a power outlet in the attic to plug it in.