When u need it most, the video is not available

my son went to practice in the morning and he forgot to close the garage (my city is top 10 property crime rate [Mod Edit] hole city).

i want to check the wyze camera in the garage and was told no video at this time, this is [Mod Edit] , wyze!

[Mod Note]: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

You have an issue with your SD card, click Format. If it fails, remove it and format it with a computer.

The capacity listed is not correct.

3 Likes

check sd on computer

it stopped ten days ago, then recorded a few on 11/7

even when it recorded, there are some with zero size, some are non-continuous, e.g., skip 16.mp4 and 19.mp4

there is no way that u can find that it is not working properly until one day u need the video…

The are different types of SD cards, some made for video recordings and most for data storage. Video cards have unusual demands because of the constant cycling. I switched my cams about a year ago and have had no problems since then.
It is very possible that your card is developing read/write problems. There is a lot of info on continuous recording that video cards like the ones in our cams are subjected to. Standard data cards are not designed for it and develop problems, and the cards sold by Wyze aren’t High Endurance cards. I switched several of my cams months age and a number of oddball problems went away. In regard to formatting the cards, best practice is to format the card in a laptop device using the program below and the Full or Deep option which will overwrite/repair any bad tracks which the camera option will not. Here are some resources:
Info on High Endurance Cards
High Endurance Cards
Memory card formatter

4 Likes

Just a followup to my just posted post @earthsci. I’m not guaranteeing my advice will solve your problem, by any means. But I do take my own. I have a pan with an older non-HD card I recently put in my crawl space to try to discover what goes bump-in-the-night there. Went to look at video and no recordings-I had set it for continuous record.
After I posted to you I decided it was time to take my own advice, put on old clothes, got a flashlight and had fun! Put in an HD card and got out!
Long story short? What wasn’t recording is now doing fine! (so far). The break in timeline in the photo is where I unplugged it on the way out and put in a smart plug for remote power cycling.

1 Like

my point is that if writing is failed, we need to be notified by wyze

2 Likes

Hi @earthsci, Great idea! You may want to vote for it on the Wishlist here:

@tomp any pix of the “bump-in-the-night” creature? I think there might be one under my bed. . .

It yet. Woke me up one night, put the cam in next day and haven’t heard from it yet.
Camera shy? Stage fright?

1 Like

If that’s what you want to convey, I totally agree with @dr.know. I also think it would be a good feature to add.
Head to the link SD Card Notification/Information - #16 by gmoorefield and vote!
Thanks for your post!

1 Like