What's the difference between Wyze Cam Pan vs Wyze Cam Pan v2

Can we get breakdowns on the store page for what exactly is the difference in the version of all your products. It’s becoming to confusing to buy anything from you guys anymore. You have too many products and I feel are spreading yourselves too thin. You should concentrate on a small number of products and give us what we actually want, like geofencing. IFTTT sucks and is constantly breaking.

Sorry to go on a rant but I’ve been with you guys since Wyze first came about and I’m disappointed in where you’re going.

Yes, just the color night vision.

1 Like

Wyze currently sells the following cameras:

V3 Cam - Outdoor wire-powered camera. Wyze’s current flagship camera that upgraded the V2 Cam to a faster processor, more frames per second, wider view, starlight sensitivity, and outdoor capability. Has a siren. Can do 2 wavelengths of night vision. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

V2 Cam - Indoor wire-powered camera. Was upgraded to the V3 by adding starlight sensitivity and outdoor capability (the V2 has neither of these features). Required on the Wyze car. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

Pan Cam V2 - An upgrade to the original Pan Cam, adding the new starlight sensor. There are some other reliability upgrades as well. Can pan & tilt. Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days.

Outdoor Camera - Battery-powered outdoor camera that is only recommended for situations where you cannot power a camera. Also has a PIR sensor, but you can use a Sense motion sensor to trigger the other models of cameras if their normal pixel motion detection isn’t enough for you (note the new Sense V2 motion sensors are still hard to get). Can be used in no-Internet situations. Separate Base station required for every 4 cameras. This one has not been upgraded to starlight sensitivity yet. Does not record 24 hours a day to SD card without a lot of effort and a soon dead battery. Live streaming must be limited to save battery power.

Doorbell Camera - Replaces front or back doorbells. Requires wired doorbell power of 16V-24VAC (you can also power it from USB 5VDC if you can get that to the doorbell). This one has not been upgraded to starlight sensitivity yet. Does not record 24 hours a day to SD card.

I typically recommend the V3 Cam for all applications, unless you can’t use a V3 there, as would be the case in a location where you can’t run power.

3 Likes

That Can save to a local SD card 24 hours a day, giving you the chance to review any part of the last 3-8 days. should be modified with respect to the size of the card.
I’ve had good success (i.e. no failures) with using 128GB Samsung cards on continuous recording for 2 weeks. And if I could afford the testing there may be 1 terabyte cards that could run for 4 months.

LOTS of people go on vacation for 2 weeks,

1 Like

Good point, but I don’t want to make statements that Wyze doesn’t support. Wyze only officially supports SD cards that are 32 GB and below.

The SD card is only there to get more detail about a recent event. So it doesn’t need to record for 4 months. Any events over 2 weeks would evaporate from the cloud, taking with them the marker that would take you instantly to the event on the SD card. So finding anything over 2 weeks could be problematic.

Feel free to add the comment about other sized cards, though. I just don’t want it in the description. :slight_smile:

We will have to agree to disagree. I think the SD card is there to record. The “cloud” is a nice way to look for specific events on the card, especially fleeting events.
But many of us find it useful for recordiing longer term events.
Now if Wyze could in their infinite wisdom support a NAS (remember MaxDrive? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZCoJsNGYT4

I wouldn’t need to rely on SD.

A post was split to a new topic: How to order cam v2

One of the reasons they promote 32 GB cards is because you can have issues trying to flash a camera to an old version of firmware using a larger card.