What's going on with person detection?

Actually I had looked at this too, as I have NO filters set up on the events page. So I see motion events as well as people and there was nothing for some time before I was walking all over the driveway for over 5 minutes. So seems like this is just “hit and miss” technology.

That also is strange what you are stating as I have multiple videos less than 5 minutes apart all the time. So if it “blocks it out” for 5 minutes, how am I getting multiple recordings in that duration?

This is also strange as it detects my room mate in the same area - and I am a bigger target!! lol

Thanks again.

That is some good clarification. (all of this is assuming you don’t have cam plus too) Yes, if your camera is covering the driveway, and it doesn’t detect you as a person when you were walking there for over 5 minutes, and during different times your roommate is detected in the same location, then that sounds a little strange. I have never had any problems anywhere close to that. If you and your roommate are both on screen at the same time, then the camera doesn’t distinguish between multiple people.

As for why you could get multiple videos less than 5 minutes apart, that likely has to do with motion vs sound events. When motion is triggered, it requires a 5 minute cooldown before it will record any other motion event, even a person. BUT if it hears sound within that same 5 minute period, it may upload a “sound event” even though it hasn’t been 5 minutes yet. Also, there are loopholes like using a motion or contact sensor to force it to upload a video to the cloud every time those are triggered, and those get labeled as an “Automation” event (I used to do this for my front porch to bypass the 5 minute cooldown limit).

If you are getting multiple “Motion” or “Person” events within a 5 minute period, then you must have cam plus active, maybe even just as a 14 day trial, otherwise, there is something very abnormal going on. Very improbable.

Who knows. Hopefully the AI gets better soon. they are training it more and more every day. I personally submit lots of videos for them to use, and I’ve seen significant improvement in detection accuracy. My main problem is that the AI keeps reporting my cats as people, so when a cat sits on the back porch I keep getting an announcement over and over and over again “Person detected on Backdoor cam”…hopefully they figure that out soon! I submit basically all of those and tell them it is a pet, not a person…no matter how much the cats themselves think they are people…

Sound detection is turned off everywhere. Sorry yes I’m paying for the person detection offered not camplus.

Lol I never really thought of sending them a blank video and saying I was there why didn’t it record it LOL but I am cracking up at your comment about the cats :cat:. You know they own that house, they just let you live there! :wink:
Yeah I hope it gets better at the cost of $20 I wouldn’t mind replacing and them in the future if need be, not prefered, as I have not had them terribly long… But, matter of fact I was already thinking about replacing a couple because I bought them before they had the black and I would prefer that in a couple spots.
Thanks again for your input! Have a great weekend! :grin::+1:

As early adopter, I received those mails and signed up, but never got the functionallity. Very disappointing.

I’m on the latest firmware and this is happening on all my cams

I have the same problem…reported it and the techs keep asking for camera setup data…last conversation on email notified them it’s not in the camera as all my pan scan and v3’s do it

Yes all my camera doing it since last week. I did a post here about it and submitted the videos.

I am having same issue, it shows motion detected, but not that it was a person

Wyze did a bait and switch this fall. Originally person detection was included with the cameras. I bought 8 on this basis. This fall they decided that the person detection function would require a subscription. While Wyze initially offered the opportunity to pick your own subscription rate, I assumed ( wrongly) that present owners would be grandfathered. Now I only have motion detection and no person detection. Very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Richard C Dubuc
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

They did grandfather in people for person detection. I talked with support and they recommend I turn off person detection, and turn it back on. It seems to be functioning at this moment. but I guess I need to wait and see. I have four cameras in the front, and at the last detection, only one camera showed person detection, while the other three did not even report anything

Thank you. I shall try turning person detection off and back on to see if it makes any difference. I shall report back if it works/doesn’t work.

Richard C Dubuc
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.