What's going on with person detection?

By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
I usually recommend by phone, since you definitely get a live person, and it’s always been fast for me. I have heard some people say they’ve had to wait before. I’ve also had good luck with chat the few times I used it, but sometimes it isn’t available. I would definitely not do the email thing, as lots of people never get responded to that way. Phone guarantees you’ll get someone, and if needed, they’ll go ask a supervisor for whatever they don’t know or can’t handle, even if just to ask for help.

I found where Wyze said they wouldn’t be crazy strict on the deadline. It was an email on September 18th, 2020. I received it at 3:57pm MST, it is in the FAQs in that email, FAQ #3:

Why do I have to sign up before October 9?
We want to keep it simple. Having a defined time period that users can join helps us limit risk and accurately measure the results so that we can determine our next steps. We’re not going to be crazy strict on this, contact our support if you miss it by a few days or something.

They might say that 2+ months past the deadline is too long now, but it sure can’t hurt to ask. Afterall, they did suggest that if it is successful then they would consider expanding the offer in some ways:

It hasn’t been a few months yet, so maybe they don’t have enough data to determine if it was successful or not.

I know they did initially extend the deadline because they knew some people like you would wait to try to get the PD offer until after they finally lost access to it. When they first extended it, I commented:

And the employee responded:

I’m sorry to hear of your predicament. Honestly, the best advice anyone can give you is to try to lay it all out to Support and see if they’ll give you an exception due to how you would’ve qualified, but misunderstood or misinterpreted things or whatever the case may be.

And while I’d love to hear an update on how it went, feel free not to update if you feel it could somehow affect you getting an exception. From Wyze’s point of view, if they make an exception for you, and you tell everyone about it, then they’ll immediately have a thousand more people asking for an exception and it would potentially just make things worse for them to where they don’t want to give an exception, ya know? Of course, if they don’t give you an exception, then there’s definitely no reason not to let us know how it went. :slight_smile: Good luck man

Here’s a copy of the email from 9/18/2020 where they said they wouldn’t be crazy strict on the deadline for those who qualify in case it can help you at all while talking to support:

Good luck!