What should the default state be for a WYZE Outdoor Camera

Trying to determine the default state of my outdoor camera. Should it be set to ON or OFF? And should event recording have “Detects Motion” turned ON or OFF? Right now, these are set to ON, and I have two schedules set for the state of the camera. The first is to turn ON the motion detection for the camera during the evening. The second is to turn OFF motion detection for the camera around 6:00 am and throughout the day until the next ON schedule rolls around. What’s happening right now, is that the motion detection on the camera is not turning OFF at 6:00am. It stays ON all day long, and it will detect motion and upload a video to the event calendar.

If I set the default state of the camera to OFF and turn OFF “Detects Motion”, the opposite occurs. The ON schedule does not turn the camera or motion detection. It stays OFF until I open the app and manually turn it on and the motion detection.

I’d appreciate anyone’s help as to the correct way to configure the state of the camera so that it works correctly with the intended schedule. Thank you in advance for your help!

RA

You should be able to set one schedule to do what you want by using the start and end times, like this:

The status of the cam shouldn’t matter- when it’s time for it to turn on it will either enter that state or stay in that state, and same for off.
Hope I understood you correctly!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! Let me try that and see how it works.

RA

That did the trick! I guess I was over-thinking on how the scheduling should work. I really wasn’t sure if the scheduling would override whatever setting or state the camera was in before the schedule kicked in or after it ended. Thank you again!!

1 Like

No problem. Glad we could help!