What is up with the data breach?

On both of my Android devices, the Wyze app suddenly asked for passwords. I haven’t checked my iPad. Seems like this is a reaction to this alleged data breach?

1 Like

I would assume so. Mine just logged me out, too. Alexa also stopped working, which I assume means they nullified the token. They probably logged everyone out. Good security precaution. :slight_smile:

Same here. My app was logged out on my iPad and Android devices.

1 Like

I have 2FA enabled and am not getting the text to log back in… Although it might just be because everyone is trying to log back in now

2 Likes

@alderion23 I’ve noticed the same thing where I’m not getting the text w/ 2FA turned on to be able to log back in.

Same here. Didn’t get a code and app froze. Closed it and now getting a too many attempts message

I DONT have 2FA enabled and Wyze just demanded I give them the number. I had to request it though and had to enter my password. That scares me since whoever/whatever it is now has my password that I use on some other accounts.

this is what I get :frowning:

Edit:now it freezes on the code screen.

Same here

A big NO NO

3 Likes

get a password app or service. keepass, lastpass, lots of other ones… Then you will never have to use the same pw on more than one site.

It’s very bad practice if you care at all about security.

2 Likes

I don’t get prompted. Simply an error stating Invalid Phone #

The phone number that the 2FA was sent from is 206 207 6078. Does that sound legit?

Yeah that’s what I get now too. No prompt just a message that says please enter a valid number…

Except that as I was already logged in and now can’t get back logged in I have no way to change the number. Which was valid before or I couldn’t have set it…

@buickguy I’ve seen that number from them before for 2FA.

Yep, that’s the right one.

Confirmed. That’s the number I receive my Wyze Verification Codes from. I got one yesterday after I signed into my account.

I already changed my password and logged out and back in with 2FA a couple hours ago, also used my new password to link with my Alexa account

I didn’t opt in for the 2FA since I check my cameras a million times per day. Perhaps I’m wrong in thinking I have to enter the 2FA number each time I log in. Can anyone tell me if you have to use it EACH time you open the app to check your cameras?

Only each time you log in. Not each time you open the app.

1 Like