What is up with the data breach?

I would do what you feel the safest with, I personally have not unplugged anything yet. I am taking a wait and see approach while letting WYZE verify. I have yet to truly see anything verified out there that makes me feel that I need to pull anything.

2 Likes

IPVM claims they have talked with Twelve Security and reviewed the records, thatā€™s a bit more then reading this thread.

While a view of your pond sounds nice, people who are using the cams to monitor people, eg. children, should be a lot more concerned. Off course people can do what they want, but Iā€™m keeping them off, until this mess has been cleared.

1 Like

Iā€™d encourage you to do whatever makes you feel safest. I donā€™t have any cameras that are particularly sensitive, but I understand that many people do. This appears to be only hours old, but I imagine Wyze will give us more substantial updates as soon as they can.

2 Likes

Do what you think best, I would never advise differently. For myself I think I will wait. The article on the security site about Credit Karma was actually laughable so I am now personally certain that both Sites are not what I would consider trustworthy at all.

However thatā€™s only my opinion, and may or may not be correct. As I said do what you feel comfortable with. I am certain Wyze is taking the allegation seriously and doing their part to verify and rectify.

I am going to wait until I see an actual mea culpa from Wyze or a reputable security source comment.

3 Likes

On both of my Android devices, the Wyze app suddenly asked for passwords. I havenā€™t checked my iPad. Seems like this is a reaction to this alleged data breach?

1 Like

I would assume so. Mine just logged me out, too. Alexa also stopped working, which I assume means they nullified the token. They probably logged everyone out. Good security precaution. :slight_smile:

Same here. My app was logged out on my iPad and Android devices.

1 Like

I have 2FA enabled and am not getting the text to log back inā€¦ Although it might just be because everyone is trying to log back in now

2 Likes

@alderion23 Iā€™ve noticed the same thing where Iā€™m not getting the text w/ 2FA turned on to be able to log back in.

Same here. Didnā€™t get a code and app froze. Closed it and now getting a too many attempts message

I DONT have 2FA enabled and Wyze just demanded I give them the number. I had to request it though and had to enter my password. That scares me since whoever/whatever it is now has my password that I use on some other accounts.

this is what I get :frowning:

Edit:now it freezes on the code screen.

Same here

A big NO NO

3 Likes

get a password app or service. keepass, lastpass, lots of other onesā€¦ Then you will never have to use the same pw on more than one site.

Itā€™s very bad practice if you care at all about security.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get prompted. Simply an error stating Invalid Phone #

The phone number that the 2FA was sent from is 206 207 6078. Does that sound legit?

Yeah thatā€™s what I get now too. No prompt just a message that says please enter a valid numberā€¦

Except that as I was already logged in and now canā€™t get back logged in I have no way to change the number. Which was valid before or I couldnā€™t have set itā€¦

@buickguy Iā€™ve seen that number from them before for 2FA.

Yep, thatā€™s the right one.