What is the minimum WyzeCam notification interval?

I have noticed that I get no notification for events that happen within a certain time after a previous notification. How long is that interval?

Is it possible to configure the notification interval? Now? In future releases?

It seems that no event is recorded when no notification is sent. I would like those two things to be decoupled, for example, so that all events are recorded, but only a limited number generate notifications.

There is a 5-minute ‘cool down’ period between event videos. There is currently no way to change this. It is set up this way to save on server costs, however they are testing a service in beta right now that will eliminate the cool down and lengthen the length of the videos.

Yes this for sure needs to be fixed. I live on a very busy street and even though I don’t mind being notified each time a car passes I don’t like the fact that if a delivery driver pulls up I will get motion notification but once he is out of the truck and walking up to drop off the package I will not get a person notification. So the motion and cool down period are superceding or kinda overriding the more important person notification. I’m sure the smart guys at wyze will soon get this fixed.

1 Like

This is the way it currently works due to the person detection requiring motion detection. There is no way to only get person detection. Upon motion it analyzes the video locally and determines if there is a person, but either way the video uploads, so when the driver pulls up if sees motion but no person and video uploads and goes into cool down thereby missing the person event.

There is a Complete Motion Capture they are testing which will eliminate the 12 second limit and get rid of the 5 minute cool down, but it will be a subscription service.

Here is a support page on how the Event Videos currently work.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029811772-Event-Videos

So, I’m smarter now having read that link, thanks @DreadPirateRush . When local SD storage is set to record events, is it recording all events, or still subject to the 5-minute cool down period?

Events have a 5 minute cool-down. If you want Continuous Recording, you need to insert the SD card and set the camera up with that option. You will need to review the video on the card to see what happens in the 5 minute cool-down periods.

You can set Continuous Recording by editing the settings for the camera and going to Advanced Settings → Local Storage.

The 12-second cloud stored clips and the SD card storage are separate and independent. The SD recordings are not affected by the 5 minute cooldown. They are set up and viewed in different areas of the app.

For the SD card storage, go to the camera settings, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. That is where you set the SD card to record continuously or event-only (1 minute segments).

To view the SD card recordings, don’t tap the Events tab in the app. That is only for the cloud clips. Instead, tap the View Playback button on the live stream view. How you’ll see a timeline under thevideo frame so you can go back in time. You can also remove the card from the camera and view or download the 1-minute video files on a computer.

1 Like

If you have the motion sensor from the WYZE Sense package and use the motion sensor to trigger events on the camera the notification/cloud clip interval can be as low as around 40 seconds.

1 Like