What is the least expensive ($/screen size) Android tablet for a viewer?

I’m finding that I would like more “view ports” around the house, I really like my UNSUPPORTED Amazon Fire 10. (But did I mention it’s unsupported?)
The lawyer spouse refuses to have any Alexa type device.
I’d really like to get at least 3 more 10" tablets with recent supportable android OS, but might be willing to drop down to 8" size. But it needs at least 16GB. They will be used mainly for viewing cams while plugged into power,
The Fire 10 was $100, so for an 8" device I’d like to spend < $80.
I’m hoping to see Black Friday deals.
I’ve read poor reviews about the Walmart Onn, but that looks like the top contender now.
I’m NOT going Apple.

VANKYO MatrixPad Z4 Pro 10.1 inch Tablet, Android 9.0 Pie, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB Storage, 8MP Rear Camera, Quad-Core Processor, 10 inch IPS HD Glass Display, Metal Housing, Wi-Fi, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYCN1PG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_BgXRDb0QBSXTJ

The Fire HD 8 16GB is currently $59.99. Personally, I would go for the 32GB for $89.99. There may be better deals between now and the Holidays, but all things considered, it is a good buy.

I have installed Google Play on all my Fire devices. No problems.

The tablet that @StopICU33 mentioned looks promising. Android 9.0 and 64GB are pretty good. Screen resolution is okay at 1280 x 800.

2 Likes

Yes, no problems with my Fire 10 except it’s unsupported.

Thanks, that looks darn good, have you (or anyone) run that with Wyze?

/edit - recent reviews

Wi-Fi is completely horrible don’t buy
It is super slow, unresponsive, & its display is kind of blurry.
This was the biggest waste of time and money ever.

No, but this gem has been on my radar for the last week or so and I’m highly considering to grab it soon.

I didn’t like the reviews on the Onn tablet either so I ruled that tablet out. :upside_down_face:

I read the reviews and ironically some reviews said totally the opposite. I guess the only way to be sure is to try it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s what I paid for my Fire HD 8 , 60 bucks at BestBuy looks like it’s on sale there also $59.99.
I’m looking at it right now , monitoring one camera , my front yard , driveway and street

Samsung - Galaxy Tab E - 9.6" - 16GB - Black on sale $129.99

1 Like

I saw this iPad with 128 GB internal storage on sale at Walmart and decided to go for it. FedEx delivered it this morning. I’ve never owned an iPad before always used Android. But so far I’m really impressed and happy with this buy. I needed storage to run all my apps and this iPad is perfect.

I looked at a Samsung tablet with 128 GB of internal storage and it was $30 higher.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPad-6th-Gen-128GB-Wi-Fi/955898738

1 Like

Thanks, but not Android.
And costco is having the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" w/ 128GB on sale for $200 for black friday. Still well over my $100 Fire 10.

2 Likes

Curious to see what you decide on.

Visited Walmart yesterday to look at tablets but left after seeing how cheap and slow they are.

My Samsung Tab 3 was upgraded from 4.2.2 to 7.0 but it’s incredibly slow. While I am a patient person, my tech side is looking for something better.

To late @gemniii it’s $199.99 now :grin::wink:

What is?
The fire refurb is $99.99
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=amazon+fire+10+refurbished&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-9m-2fzE5QIVHoVaBR0PdQ9kEAAYASAAEgJJ5PD_BwE&hvadid=242012064178&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9008186&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6863101903521174118&hvtargid=kwd-412871055115&hydadcr=18037_9812658&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_8ro4cfrsct_e
Most Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" w/ 128GB are up around $300, but I have not found reliable refurbs.
And remember, this is primarily for my “portable multi cam screen”. I don’t need all the bells and whistles.

Samsung - Galaxy Tab E - 9.6" - 16GB - Black WAS on sale $129.99 it’s $199.99 now