What happens if you update after today for the critical update?

this can’t possibly mean you have to update today right? the wording in this article is very ambiguous… like do you only have today to update? by when? midnight?

I don’t think Wyze ever runs anything through proof reading before posting. :slightly_smiling_face:

All it means is the Lock and Vacuum aren’t going to work through the current app after today. If you need to open/close a Lock or Vacuum your floor tomorrow you’ll have to update the app. :slightly_smiling_face:

It does not mean that if you don’t update the app by midnight that you’ll never be able to update it.

You’re suggesting their postings be held to a higher standard than their S/W and F/W? :astonished: :laughing:

Yes. If ya can’t be good ya could at least look good. :grin:

I would highly suggest that you update ASAP!

It’s a server change, they won’t work “smart” at all until you update the app and firmware so they are compatible it’s the new server adjustments.

:exclamation: This is a critical update due to a server-side change. If you do not update the app and firmware, you will not be able to use Wyze Robot Vacuum or Wyze Lock in the app after 1/20/2021.

What will happen if I don’t update?

You will not be able to use Wyze Robot Vacuum or Wyze Lock in the Wyze app.

• You will still be able to use the vacuum using the Power and Home buttons on the device. But most features, including room mapping, map editing, and scheduling will not work.
  • You will not be able to use Wyze Lock in the Wyze app. You will still be able to use the lock manually. But smart features, including Auto-Unlock and Keypad codes will not work.
1 Like

What @Brlepage is correct. There might be some give there as Wyse is working w/AWS on an extension for the change but you may end up having to ship your unit back to Wyze if it isn’t updated. Are you feeling lucky? :four_leaf_clover: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seriously?
Wyze execs must lay around at night thinking of stupid things to do.
You know there are 1000’s of people that never saw this message.