What happens if i overload my wyze plug?

The only true agreement!
:grinning:

1 Like

Hah. Also, strangely enough I am as we speak deep frying some potatoes I just hand cut. :slight_smile:

Small batch seems to be the key or the temp takes forever to come back. This is the first fry, pardon the expression.

1 Like

Just have to praise that link - answers many questions about receptacles and different power ratings. Thank you for sharing!

Welcome to the forum.

Remember, you can’t just replace a 15A receptacle with a 20A so your plug will fit.
20A circuits require heavier wire, 12ga vs 14ga is most of North America, and the appropriate 20A circuit breaker.

Absolutely - I’m a risk-averse hunan and have a healthy respect for anything with the capacity to start fires or kill humans.

I had always wondered about the differences between the higher capacity outlets (dryer, stove, garage door motor, etc.). Your link was very helpful. I’ll go back to it for more electrical info.

My interest in searching the forum was to verify that I could use a USB power hub with varying amperages to service my v2 cams. Two of the six ports are .5A and I wanted to be sure they would support the cams before purchasing.

Thanks!

It wasn’t my link, it was @kyphos

The V2 cams come with 1A USB adapters but will run on less. I would still recomment 1A though.

Understood, thx. I’ll change my hub selection to minimum 1.0A.