What do you think of A Space Heater

Seriously?? You can’t be serious?? Tell me you’re not serious!

8 Likes

Amazon offers many space heaters with a remote control - some for less than US $25

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=space+heater+remote+control&s=price-asc-rank&qid=1595005299&ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank

1 Like

You know you’ve struck a nerve when your idea both brings in newbies AND raises people out of year long retirement. :wink:

7 Likes

This space heater is running on 240V and high current in some cases.
Given the danger of fire if not properly designed, I think Wyze is jumping into a liability prone territory. Check with your Lawyer for insurance fund.

but It can be used in Cottage (Canada) for Winter heating.
or as a backup for Furnace while you are away vacation during winter.

Long list

Add

Bicycle helmet cam.
Ir illuminator.
Dashcam

Home Siren ( yes, a toy)

3 Likes

Well, knowing what we know of Wyze…
Lets look to see what Xiaomi has to offer in Space Heaters:

The Smartmi Intelligent Electric Radiator can be connected with the “Mi Home / Xiaomi Home” app:

This picture alone makes me say, lawsuit waiting to happen:
(Those curtains are way too close to the heater! Wyze would be “wise” to not use this photo if they do try to OEM it/bring it to market here)

5 Likes

Excellent research! :+1: Dollars to doughnuts that’s what we will be offered.

Is it too early to start a thread debating the excessive shipping costs on this puppy?

2 Likes

I think you need to make your camera app and fix those issues first. I thought I was buying cameras that just “worked”. I didn’t know I would have to constantly babysit them. You must be crazy to think very many people would want to buy a heater from you too. Would they just work or would you have to update and babysit them all the time as well? Just asking.

7 Likes

@ScottK genius for the win. Nice work. At least we know what they’re talking about now.

Why not make something the world actually needs like a room fan with UV light to disinfect the air. Appropriate rod shaped UV bulbs sandwiched between two replaceable furnace filters so that the fan both filters particulates and disinfects the air, killing bacteria and rendering viruses non-viable? The filters would block the UV light from hitting and injuring people. Could be very inexpensive to make based on a simple square floor-standing fan. To make it smart and save energy you could make it motion sensitive to turn it on and stay on for a period of time after motion is no longer detected.

6 Likes

Great Idea, Wyze makes it Ill buy it. Keep up the Great Work

No, just no.

Fix the stuff you have before adding more. Listen to your users and deliver some of the things we have asked for going back a few years. A web base viewer immediately comes to mind. Make your existing products reliable before adding more unreliable products.

13 Likes

Don’t laugh - Xiaomi already makes something similar. Not sure why Wyze chose the space heater instead…

3 Likes

Maybe you should get into space heaters. Your cameras are so buggy and unreliable (I have five) that I am giving up and taking them down. PS, the new outdoor camera that has to be taken down to be recharged is laughable.

2 Likes

NO! NO! NO!
You need to fix all of the terrible products that you already have.
I will not recommend WYZE to anyone until your products work…
When people see my cameras & things that don’t work, they ask my how I like Wyze.
My answer in not proper for this site.
FIX you sensors.
Fix your plugs.
Fix your light bulbs.
Fix your contact sensors.

THEN think about new items.
I have not - and will not - buy any of your new items until these problems are fixed.

11 Likes

Some of the things on the list are overkill!!!

1 Like

They are simply suggestions!!!

Y’all can’t get your crap together with the current products. You have major software issues especially after band and the scale which never worked right out of the box for me. Returning the thing was an interesting process dealing with your email customer service, and even when the product was returned, there was no refund, I had to get my cc company involved. Don’t go around creating something more dangerous than you already have. There are many solutions out there already. Don’t create more jobs/work for the firefighters with another buggy product.

3 Likes

I would not trust it nor any heater unsupervised. Some people take risk when sleeping and having one turned on.

2 Likes

Because Xiaomi ordered 500K units and needs Wyze to sell them.

Xiaomi does not give door bell cam to be reband because it is outdoor and nothing interesting to look and listen in.