What determines which notifications work on the band or not?

I’m pretty happy with the watch so far. But I do wonder what determines what notifications “work” and what dont. As an an example, I do not get any notifications from Ring, but I do get notifications from a lot of other apps like Smartthings, PayPal, Reddit, Ebay, etc. So, is it something in the way the notifications are presented on the phone from that app?

Also, it would be nice if we could get some sort of notification about picture texts. I know it would be difficult to send the image, but even something like [image] would be nice.

2 Likes

A similar question was ask on another post. And to give credit where credit is due, @DreadPirateRush gave this link: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039103972-Notifications

I think this will help answer your question.

1 Like

The support article only addresses how to add notifications. I have no problem with turning them on and selecting them. I just dont understand why notifications just dont work from some apps.

1 Like

My apologies, I misunderstood your original question. To be honest, it’s a fair question too. I also have it set up to receive alerts from my Ring Floodlight and don’t get them.

And there have been many complaints that Gmail alerts are not coming through either. (I know mine aren’t.)

I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you. Perhaps someone else could lend us a hand.

1 Like

I would like to know myself.

1 Like

One thing to check would be to make sure that you turn off battery optimization for the Wyze app if you are using Andriod. My suspicion would be that Android is suspending the wyze app in the background and notifications are not getting pushed through. I am currently experiencing the same problem with intermittent delivery of text notifications to my band and just thought about this after seeing your post. Just turned off battery optimization for my Wyze app now and will see if that helps any.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the Wyze app exempt from battery optimization, sleep, and have it allowed in the background. Good thought though.

I get notifications from almost all my apps pretty well, theres just a few that dont work.

For instance, on my front door I have a Wyze sensor, a Smartthings sensor, (For those who wonder why I have both: I’ve had ST for years, I added Wyze to get Alexa voice announcements. Plus a backup is nice) and a Ring doorbell. I’ll get the notifications from all 3 on my phone, but I only get Wyze and ST on the band, no Ring.

1 Like