What am I doing wrong with my Cam Pan

I am new here so if I am doing this wrong, I am sure you will let me know.
I just put a Cam Pan up and almost done with the free Cam Plus. Which is to bad as I have not gotten it to work.
My main question is well maybe two parter.
I have it up on top of a cabinet, should it be lower.
Also, my camera spend most of the time looking at the wall in back of it or the other wall on side… Seems if I try to turn it, it goes back.
Is there a support something. I have no idea what I am doing and not sure where to ask.
Thank you for help

Welcome to the Wyze community @lucycali!

Try these troubleshooting tips.

How high up is the cabinet? Can you view and record what you want to view and record?

Do you have the detection zone enabled. This will cause the camera to go back to the position you set it up in. You can check by going to the camera livestream, then the Settings gear, then Detection Settings, then Detection Zone. You should be able to enable and disable it there. Also make sure that the Pan Scan is turned off by selecting more in the camera livestream, then Pan-Scan.

You can ask your questions or issues here for other Wyze users to give input and assistance or you can contact support.
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support

This forum isn’t monitored by Wyze support, but some Wyze team members do posts here occasionally.

Thank you so much for the tips. I will try them.
It is quite high, see tops of heads lol We live in a small house and don’t have a lot of options of where to put it. Plus not many electric plug choices. If I can use a extension cord I might be able to get it down.
I can do that few second playback. I have never gotten the Cam Plus to work I don’t think.
Sorry pretty dense here. I use to be a lot quicker in learning things, but as you get older (81) it takes a bit more visual aids.
Thank you again I will try your suggestions.