Welcome To Our New Forum! (Instructions Here)

Hello!

Welcome to the updated Wyze forum! We’ve switched to a different forum provider and this has opened up new features and possibilities. Here are some of the new features enabled by this switch:

• New section - Roadmap
  • Post flagging
  • Direct messaging
  • Easier media uploads
  • Easy to search subject tags
  • User tagging
  • Better email notifications
  • User trust levels

We’re excited about being able to improve the forum experience and we hope that you’ll enjoy these changes, too! If you have any feedback for us, please post it in the feedback thread here:

If you want to explore features of the forum, there is a New User Tutorial run by Discobot and an Advanced User Tutorial available as well. Just @discobot and say, “@discobot start new user” to begin the beginner tutorial and after you finish that use, “@discobot start advanced user” for the advanced tutorial. You can do this in your Messages instead of in a public thread (which will help prevent clutter).

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

15 Likes

Love it. Thanks for importing over all the previous content!

:smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Thanks for your patience with us as we made this transition. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have used this forum software before. This is one of the best. Thanks for choosing this.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! We’ve been impressed and happy with this choice. Glad you enjoy it, too!

Where’s all the previous content?

All the previous content has been migrated over. Some of it was mapped into different categories than in the old forum. It should be easy to find what you’re looking for by searching.

Did you post anything that was missing? Please let us know so we can investigate.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I hadn’t caught that!

I’ve been watching the old forum for weeks, waiting for it to be updated.
https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/forum/wyzecam-qa/
I have it bookmarked, and keep a browser tab open on the top page. The first sticky topi says:
" [New Forum Coming Soon! (Current Forum Read Only on Oct. 29th)]

I had no idea a whole new forum had been set up here, at a different URL. Just stumbled on it, thanks to the monthly email.

You really should post a notice on the OLD forum, directing people who are camped out there to this new one.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen I think I’m either a dummy or need a tutorial in how to use discobot, or both! Where do I enter “@discobot start new user” and what does the abbreviation “DMs” stand for?

2 Likes

DM stands for “Direct Message” and you should have one from me.

2 Likes

Also, sometimes folks use PM for Personal Message. In the Discourse forum world, they are just called “Messages”.

To start a discobot tutorial, click your avatar top right, then click the Messages icon image . When your Messages page appears, start a new message addressed to “discobot”. That will get you started.

2 Likes

Yes, I earned “Certified” or is it Certifiable? Maybe both! Also, earned “Licensed”! 007!

3 Likes

Lol! I sent @discobot the following, which he (she?) thanked me for. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

@Loki Eeeks! Sorry about that … guess I’ll exclude the at symbol the next time I address Mr. discobot in a forum thread. Feel free to delete his/her post and this one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why it’s best to do it in a PM, so Mr. Discobot doesn’t spew all over the public thread. :slight_smile:

But you made me hungry… time for lunch!

3 Likes