Weird Lights Captured

That is correct. If your camera is connected to a Wyze plug that is switched off and power goes out, the camera will not turn on when power is restored because the Wyze plug retains the previous state.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just seeing this old post for the first time. So excuse me for not reading all of the replies, but short and simple: These are illuminated spiderwebs floating back and forth in a draft. I capture these all the time. Objects and particles on a Wyzecam appear brighter than via the eye because of the night vision, focus and other settings. Objects and particles also appear ā€œblotchyā€ or bigger and brighter than they actually are as a result. I catch ghost insects, orb bugs, spider craft, and other such unidentified flying objects virtually every night.

1 Like

Bingo

1 Like

I definitely have orbs in my basement which is where my boys bedroom is and their playroom. We just bought these cameras legit 2wks ago and thereā€™s ou way dust or any spider webs are in our new cameras. We also have the nest cam for surveillance outside of our house. The one and only time it went off at 3:30am - 4:45am as motion detected was orbs we had caught. I looked out my window and could not see anything with my naked eye. My husband was watching the camera as I was looking outside to see if I could see anything and nope nothing. This was definitely angels (orbs) you can also see them form into almost like a person! Itā€™s so cool, and our best cams do not pick up bugs and bugs make noise, like I said I couldnā€™t see anything except for in camera and also could not hear any noise a bug would make. So I truly believe this was definitely someone watching over us as we have lost many relatives in a short period of time (one being my grammpa whine I was with when he passed) I donā€™t care what anyone says or thinks but our Nest cam has never ever gone off due to a bug so I am sure that this was definitely an angel or someoneā€™s spirit visiting us. Pretty cool! Itā€™s never happened again besides with our indoor cams which we have just replaced with the Wyze cams and previously to these cams we had other ones and same exact thing happened and no light, or anyone is down where my boys bedroom and playroom are during the day and thatā€™s when itā€™s constantly going offā€¦

2 Likes

I have my camera looking outwards towards a window, the camera is tilted 45 degrees so you can see the outside through the window and the inside of the house partially. I can see the lights going though the window and coming inside the house!!!

These are not reflections, or bugs, or spiderwebs, these is some weird [stuff] .

Wyze does not let me upload a video because I am a new user, But my video is the proof that this is no insect.

My lights are also VERY BRIGHT.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Letā€™s see if @Loki or another mod can up your trust in here. Curious minds want to know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would you share some of your videos of flying spider webs with me? Please send to [redacted]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Can you or have you already posted video of what you captured that you donā€™t believe is dust, particles, fog, insects, animals, or other such objects? Iā€™ve never seen any video posted yet on Wyze that I havenā€™t been able to confirm by simply walking out the door to see what was actually being captured in realtime by the camera. Once I see it then go back to the video, itā€™s like ā€œOh!!! Cool.ā€ Once I see your video, Iā€™ll do my best to match it. Thanks!

Anyone else have video of what appears to be lighting in their garage?

Just got a motion alert for my garage Wyze camera. Checked the video. Itā€™s a closed garage with lights off. Thereā€™s a clicking sound about a second into the video. Then about a second later thereā€™s what looks like a lighting bolt in the middle of the screen.

I tried to post the video but it says I canā€™t because Iā€™m new.

@lguthrie98 Welcome to the community! I will tag the @moderators so they can change your trust level. Then you will be able to upload your video. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Might be a bug flying fast through the IR lights. Canā€™t wait to see a pic or vid! Thanks!

1 Like

@lguthrie98 I have increased your trust level you should be able to upload your video now.

5 Likes

Thank you. Hereā€™s the video along with a still of the event.

This is an insect flying very quickly through the field of view. The frame rate of the camera is 10 fps in night mode. This motion only lasted one frame, so in 1/10th second, the insect passed in front of the sensor while the shutter was open. Insects are highly reflective of IR light, thus you get the very bright streak.

The four shadowy pairs of protrusions from the sides of the main streak are the wing beats. So we can conclude that this particular insect was beating his wings at something greater than 40 times per second. (We donā€™t know how long the shutter is open during that 1/10th second, so all we know is the lower limit.)

Forty beats per second is on the low end of insect wing beat speeds. Some insectsā€™ wings beat at greater than 1,000 times per second:

Teaching Tools | Resources for Teachers from Scholastic

Insect flight - Wikipedia

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Not nearly as cool as indoor lighting but definitely safer.

2 Likes

I had little event occur late last fall. The video showed what looked like a high intensity pen light beam hit the ground from above. Had straight line shadowing when it flashed as well. I sent the clip to a friend of mine whom I worked with in the film industry with. He also has Wyze cams. His answer was ā€œWell now. That was an anomalous eventā€ indicating it must have been a cam glitch. It has been a while since I seen the clip. Iā€™ll go dig it up out of the archives and post it

It was the aliens I tell ya! :sparkles::dizzy::crescent_moon: :joy:

My camera had also captured many odd images at night. It has recorded the orbs at night in the past but more recently seems to be recording a ā€œbatlikeā€ image. The camera is in my garage. The garage has 3 long casement windows and the door going out to the garage also has a half glass insert. I am considered a new user or I would show you all.

@pickleballplayer, Iā€™ve bumped up your forum trust level so you should be able to post a video now.

Iā€™m not sure how to post since mine comes up an mp4 file, Are you able to help?

20200422_00_24_56.mp4 (965 KB)

20200422_00_05_23.mp4 (904 KB)

@pickleballplayer I have reposted the videos for you. Looks like you have a few small insects flying around in front of the IR lights.

3 Likes