Weird Lights Captured

My thought was it was internally coming off the IR filter itself as it rotated. And yes, it would require a malfunction to be a possibility.

I like the two camera idea.

1 Like

but the IRā€™S are actually in front of the filter I believe. I donā€™t think ( but failure is always an option) that could cause it. and it seems like being that the filter moves in one direction, the orbs would only move in one direction, but in this, they appear to move back and forth.

in viewing the video again, I noticed the rest of the picture has the filter on continuously. if the filter was moving we would see it in the rest of the frame, not just the orbs. so im going to claim that particular one as not possibly the filter just because the rest of the frame is in continuous night vision.

but I welcome any other ideas someone might have. llets figure out what this one is :smile:

1 Like

Not exactly sure about this one ,but I bet it involves a spider web.
Had a similar thing Going on in the Basement

1 Like

The IRs are outside compared to the filter, but I thought maybe that explained the double-image. The image left and right was light leaking back into the camera. I thought the rotating filter could still appear like lights moving in two directions like you see, as it is moving in a circle compared to the cameraā€™s CCD.

However, I think you have a valid point in the fact we donā€™t see a different-colored image over part of the picture as the filter slowly rotates. I would expect to see that too. So unless that can be explained, it may be time to move on from this theory!

1 Like

New theoryā€¦ the question is what would cause motion in a closed environment with little or no airflow. My question is what is the camera attached to? I note there are some strong reflections of the IR off various parts of the car. Is the camera attached to something that could be flexing ever so slightly as the result of someone walking on the floor above, or some such thing?

What you might be seeing is some sort of pattern off of your infrared lights. There are four placed around the camera and sometimes the camera reflects itā€™s own lights. I would try a factory reset and re-flash the firmware. Worked for me once with a similar problem. Good luck!

If the IR filter moved, youā€™d have seen the change in the presentation. From natural light to IR or whatever.

1 Like

I get those ghost spots constantly triggering motion alerts

1 Like

So do I. Have both pan and V2 and it occurs so far only on V2ā€™s

I have this happen in my basement. It seem to just be dust reflecting the IR.

Itā€™s a spider web

3 Likes

I am having weird lights also. I have 6 videos, but because Iā€™m new, I canā€™t share them. I have had my camera for a long time. I use it for when Iā€™m not home. This has never happened before. The family had all been in the living roomā€¦where the camera is located. The camera had obviously been off since we were home and moving around and watching TV. No notifications. We had gone to bed. My cell was next to the bed and I started getting motion notifications from the camera. Odd, I hadnā€™t turned the camera on??? How? I had gotten 6 motion events. I saved them to my phone. Each one has these weird lights moving across the wall. S freaky bizarre to say the least. Please helpā€¦#1 how could my app turn on the camera??? that creeps me out. #2 what is causing the little orb lights across the wall??? I need my camera to work correctly when Iā€™m out of state. I canā€™t be getting these crazy motion notifications.

1 Like

I bumped up your forum trust level so you can post videos and we can see what you see. In most cases, the ā€œorbsā€ you see are reflections of the infrared LED lights on the camera off of a surface that can move ever so slightly.

One reason the camera could have turned on is if there had been a power interruption to the camera ā€“ they come back up in ON mode. If you want to be absolutely sure a camera canā€™t come on, you need to either unplug it, or run it through a smart plug.

3 Likes

So if the app on my cell is off and the camera turns on, as you say, it will turn on the app on my phone?

1 Like

Donā€™t see any wings, so going with dust particles. The lens can focus very close, and dust particles and bugs glow in IR. I set my inside front door camera (only there when I am traveling) to minimum sensitivity, which usually eliminates these, but not things like people.

2 Likes

I agree itā€™s dust
Watch this video

2 Likes

Is there a HVAC register near the camera? It definitely looks like the IR lights reflecting off of dust. Iā€™ve seen this many times. Even the smallest dust particles will look larger when the IR lights are turned on.

2 Likes

Yes, these are so small and close to the lens you would never see them if you were sitting there and looking for them.

2 Likes

Yes, it is near a vent. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you Loki.

2 Likes