Just a quick first week opinion of using (not necessarily upgrading) to the 47 from the band.
This is just for my 47, since as people have noted, the 44 is a different device and haven’t tested these on my wife’s watch.
Features I miss from the band:
- Alexa integration
- Periodic automatic pulse readings
- Named alarms
- Timers you can actual FEEL (I think the 47 does one very very very very light vibrate when a timer ends)
- Knowing what apps are sending notifications, rather than lumping most of the ones I care about under “other”
Things that are nice:
- Bright, very readable screen
- Long lasting battery
- Better sensor to turn on display when raising your wrist
Things that still aren’t great:
- Very limited and not particularly good watch faces
I understand some of the watches features are less fully-featured because Wyze wanted you to be able to set them from the device (like unnamed alarms), but without a phone nearby, the watch isn’t very useful anyway. At this point, I’m not sure I’m actually going to switch to using the watch full-time. The band seems more full-featured, even though it got very few updates during it’s life.
That’s my take so far. It’s an amazing bit of hardware, regardless of the price, but the software and overall features are somewhat lackluster with the launch version of the software. Hoping some future updates will make it more useful.