Webcam flashing instruction are horrible

Thanks, I suspected that was the case and was doing that. The issue turned out to be the size of the MicroSD card. My cameras have always worked fine in normal operation with the 64g cards that I had laying around even though the “official” size is 32g max.
Well, that came home to roost. I was using the card from the camera a 64g. For reasons that are above my level of expertise, that 32g limit seems to be enforced for flashing firmware. In hindsight that seems technologically very reasonable and I should have expected that behavior.
Using Windows Disk Manager ~
Deleted the card’s volume
Created a New Simple Volume of 28g (28672 mb)
Chose FAT32 for the File System
Formatted it
Went back to the flashing instructions and when it got to the point where I was just getting a single quick blue blink, this time the light remained blue. From there the process was successful.
Thanks for the answers and clarifications, I was stumped until I realized what I did. I hope my work around is useful to folks if you don’t have a “proper” size card available right now during this …well you know.

( I stand by my title however, the instructions need to be far more detailed. Especially if this is aimed at non tech folks who have been forced into a remote situation and are not even slightly aware of the concept of “flashing firmware”.)

1 Like