Weather Station with camera overlay of data

I can’t like/upvote this enough. I currently have a BloomSky and Storm setup. I like it. But. And there’s always a but. It constantly looses connection. Not to mention it is getting older. Which could be the cause. Nonetheless if Wyze would release one soon I would snatch it in a second to replace the current solution I have

I’ve been looking seriously at weather stations recently. I haven’t installed my Wyze thermostat because I would lose my connected outdoor temp/humidity. Plus I’ve wanted to have a weather station to add to Wunderground since I discovered the website. As a Wyzer, anytime I look at iot techie products I think, ‘geeze, I wish Wyze…’. Of course I know there are many low-tech products to accomplish this.

Future Wyze Thermostats could be made to readout data from the station. Maybe there are other opportunities for integrating weather station within the ecosystem.

This isn’t going to be used as widely as bulbs or plugs, obviously. But, it is one that I think could introduce multitudes of potential customers to Wyze. I live on a golf course. If I had a Wunderground connected Wyze station, I would let the clubhouse know to let golfers know they could check weather at my 10th Fairway Wyze station. I would also send out a link on Nextdoor, add a link in my AirBnB listing, and put a QR code on a sign near the fairway.

1 Like

Hi TB, I’m not trying to be thick, but what do you mean ‘as an overlay for a camera’? I’m not sure what I think you mean is what you mean. Thanks

I have only a couple of cameras I look at a lot, the others only as needed. It would be great that if you are looking at, let’s say a camera either looking outside or is outside, having some of the weather station information displayed on the video, overlaid, so to speak.
Yes I love to see a great weather station also.

1 Like

I would love to have a Wyze weather station as well!

5 Likes

I like the Wyze products a lot and like the idea, a weather station user network afterwards would be nice. First Wyze weather stations love that idea….

4 Likes

Wireless Digital Indoor outdoor Temperature Gauge Humidity Monitor with App Alert

I see a lot of suggestions about adding a temp sensor to the cameras, but I would like to see a wireless indoor outdoor Temperature weather Monitor Station. It could be part of the camera setup and have the info as part of the app, but…

I envision it to be an entirely separate system from the cameras (or tied in if it’s easier) with a visual weather station that can be on a table or mounted on a wall with displays for several areas that are being monitored either inside the home or outside the home. It would be great if the app portion was similar to the scale with graphical historical data as well. I would love a a stand alone home product that had multiple wireless sensors that could be placed indoors or outdoors and could send info to your phone AND to a visual display on a table or hung on a wall. The display would be a record of what is currently happening with maybe a weather forecast, the app would have the current info and historical data…

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with a LaCrosse weather station, but not able to do logic with the data.

I would love to have a Wyze weather station or even a basic wireless thermometer. I would want one for outside and in my hobby greenhouse that is about 100 ft from my house but on my wireless network.

2 Likes

Yep, I would like a minimal weather station with appropriate sensors.

1 Like

Rain Gauge

Have your original Cam, Pan Cam, Wireless Cam and your door lock at our Lake House
Have 3 of your cameras and your door lock at our Lake House
Bought your Thermostat
Need to check if my lawn needs water
Can’t find a smart Rain Gauge
have found smart weather station for close to $200, a bit much to tell if my grass needs water.

1 Like

Wishlist: WYZECAM WEATHER STATION. Including a weather gathering instrument that captures temperature, wind speed, and so on… then displays the info on the app with various data: current, historical, graphs, monthly, seasonal, and so on. Lookin forward to this!

2 Likes

a weather station with multiple sensors and rain gauge would be awesome. Also away to connect with other wyze weather stations.
Wind, Barometer, Thermometer, Rain Accumulation, linking up with other stations, and UV % would be great.

1 Like

Seems like they should have a talk with Lacrosse, and maybe build a data link rather than re-invent the wheel.

1 Like

Outdoor weather station

Recommend development of an outdoor weather station. Minimum requirements of temperature and humidity but wind and direction would be a bonus. Station should be compatible with the hub to be able to see in the Wyze app

1 Like

Make a Wyze a very Wyze weather station

Make a wyze weather station , wind, rain, temp , barometric pressure.

1 Like

I’d recommend that they talk with LaCrosse, and partner with them. Just be able to take selectd data points from LaCrosse and overlay them on the picture.

I agree ! 10000% !!

WX Station

Wind Speed, Direction, Temp, Humidity, Rain Gauge (auto emptying!) Lightning Detector!!!, and able to export out data to various services, CWS, WU etc… maybe now with the pan came you can combine a camera into to to see live view…

Oh…

SOLAR POWERED!

5/6Ghz SUPPORT! 802.11 @ 2.4Ghz is a pollution zone! Yes. 2.4 may penetrate further, but I have 5GHz AP’s to provide full coverage inside and out… and long before most had dual band equipment, back to 2000 with Netgear HE102’s…

So thats sort of side request to make ALL FUTURE Wyze stuff 5/6Ghz stuff… or at least dual band… I’d pay a few bucks more for that alone!

And rules should be available to act upon this data. Like outside temp is x reset thermostat to either increase heat or cooling etc… Raining?? Turn off the sprinkler controller (yes these may have a “rain sensor”, irrelevant. Rain gauge detects rain over x amount for y period, sprinkler controller turns off schedules… etc.

I support this request 1000%

1 Like