We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Event recording -on for motion
smart detection -person, package , vehicle , pet all on
schedule -all day

Notification -PLUS is on
AI events ,person,package are on

Detection settings are 75 and 55 for sound

detection zone is on and covers about 90 percent of the area

Just to clarify, you are not getting any events, not even just motion?

That is correct

I am assuming the detection zone squares which are dark is the area not covered

Yes the dark area is the area you want excluded. Have you tried restarting the cam from the app or power cycling it by removing power for 30 seconds or so

I did a restart, but not a power down. I will give that a try

While I agree that the four current levels of service are confusing, that’s nothing compared to some of the competition. I tried figuring out the payment plans, options, and available discounts for HeimLink and a couple of others. It’s inscrutable. Wyze is really doing a decent job, and the extension of legacy person detection to all cameras for all customers is a delightful surprise, even though it unfortunately requires dodging the guiltwall.

1 Like

Your argument is childish and ignorant. You are very condescending and clearly spend too much time here. Have fun.

Sorry, lad but your argument is disingenuous and your comparison lacking. I complained about what I felt was a confusing Wyze email announcement (which if anything demonstrates that I am not employed as a shill for Wyze as you accused me of being); you are the one in my opinion falsely accusing Wyze of outright dishonesty, breach of contract and who knows what else, which you fail to support with any proof. For someone who just joined the discussion about these new developments, you come on strong with very serious unsupported allegations, yet seem unduly sensitive to any challenge to the basis for your accusations against Wyze. A more temperate posture might serve you better.

That’s been my experience too, having shopped and purchased cameras from several other vendors too.

1 Like

The options matrix is coherent.

The implementation needs work.

The paths the customer must navigate in the app to effect what he wants from what’s available to him.

Depending on the number of cams he has and the state of his subscriptions, those paths can be thorny.

Hat tip @carverofchoice for his options matrix, @angus.black @Customer and others for asserting its fundamental coherence in the Wyze Mind, @nls for living out a ‘case in point’ on the thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great analysis! Well done! :rofl:

2 Likes

CamPlus String Theory?

2 Likes

I took the advice of “shutting the F up and move on.” by replacing all of my Wyze cams with a different system today. Tried remaining loyal but at some point, loyalty cannot outway quality and functionality. Good luck to Wyze and its users.

2 Likes

What did you select?

Okay that’s gotta be a record for this place.
Screenshot_20220212-175142

Nest. I am not mad I am just over it. I have bought multiple cameras and in my humble opinion, they’re just so-so and not very user-friendly. Bought the scale… Didn’t work…Bought the band…Didn’t work. If it is going to turn into a paid service, which I feel that it will. I do not think it is worth it anymore. I know others will feel differently and that`s fine. This is my mea culpa.

2 Likes

There are still ads on Amazon for the V2 stating;

• Wyze Cam automatically records a 12-second Event Video when it detects motion or sounds. Videos are securely uploaded to the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and are accessible for 14 days — no subscription or monthly fees required.

Now, it’s not being sold by Wyze and it doesn’t say Lifetime but the wording is the same as Wyze used to use and it implies Lifetime but not saying otherwise.

The point is moot anyway because the statement is still 90% true. A subscription is required but no monthly fee is required. Just select $0 as your subscription amount.

1 Like

Me either.
If you don’t want it don’t enable it. :slight_smile:

1 Like